Mystery ranch quick draw rifle sling

I have 3 now for different packs. Once I figured out the logistics of it, used it and got use to no longer carrying a rifle on my shoulder I will never go back. Hands free rifle carry and the ability to use trekking poles, ease of access to rifle, quick shouldering for a shot is something that most take for granted. As with my own personal business and products "Sometimes it's the most simple products that make the biggest difference in our daily lives or hobbies". Shoulder slings are the industry standard and like anything else "if it aint broke, don't fix it" BUT the Kifaru in my eyes has changed the game for rifle carry (at least in my eyes and my method of hunting/scouting in the field).
Agreed. I have several on different packs.

I use the Kuiu version of this with the rifle behind me. It works pretty well for my scout rifle, not so well with my full length shotgun. I Macguyvered an under arm carry at one point, but I did not like it with my body frame and my climbing style. I can get to the rifle without taking my pack off by unclipping the barrel end while I hold the barrel in that same hand, but generally I'd be taking the pack off to create a quick rest anyway. Honestly, I tend to strap the gun to the pack while I am getting into a hunting location and use a sling or trail carry when I am actually hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back