Mystery Ranch Backpack Choice

MHMT

I went down to Mystery Ranch the other day to look at the packs. Mark Seacat and Tim Gates were a huge help in deciding on which pack suit me best. I decided on the NICE frame with the 6500 pack and the Optifade camouflage. I am already coming up with excuses to take it out on a test run as soon as I get it. I would, again, like to thank Mystery Ranch and Big Fin for putting this on and giving the pack away. I will be sure to share some pics next fall of the pack in use, hopefully with it carrying some meat and horns...

Great pack. Their customer service is outstanding.

That's the pack I would of picked. I would love to try that out on sheep hunt in Alaska. Want to rent it out this August?;) Congrats and thanks MR for the support. You'll get some good advertising this fall I have a feeling, can't wait to see pictures.

You don't want to rent it too him anyway, he just thinks he is going hunting, he is really just wanting it to haul grass clippings around:):)LOL

MHMT, you keep shooting elk like that last one, you might even wear out a mystery ranch:) One of my favorite elk of the year.

I'd love to kill another bull like that one, but I haven't killed nearly enough elk to get too picky while waiting for the big ones. I will be happy to shoot any elk next year.

Crittter is on to me except I was thinking that I would stuff it full of grass clippings in hopes of finally connecting with a white sheep in Alaska. Wonder if grass chumming is illegal?:D

Congrats on the pack!
I'm curious to know how you picked between the crew cab, the 7500 and the alpha... Does the top loading 7500 seem like it will haul quarters easily?
I would love to see the bags together and get fitted properly, unfortunately MR isn't within driving distance for me... Any pointers on how you made your decision would be appreciated.

There are some other people on here that would be way better at explaining the packs than me. The 6500 and 7500 are pretty much the same pack, but the 7500 is bigger/wider. I figured I wouldn't be able to stand up if I filled the 7500 full and didn't need that much extra room. The crew cab is sweet and probably the best around pack for using for day hunts and backpack hunts both. I just like the idea of having that extra room so I can pack out my camp and good chunk of meat in one trip. Didn't look at the alpha in person.

Does the top loading 7500 seem like it will haul quarters easily?

I think If you were hauling a quarter with bone in you would want to use the frame alone?? someone else might have experience with this. At least for me, if I haul meat in the pack itself it will be boned out.

Just had a dream about Mystery Ranch packs last night. I was dissappointed when I woke up, now I'm just totally jealous. Great job man! I'm sure you'll love that pack. When the guys overseas are using them for their Ops rather then standard issue, you know it's a great product.

Amazing packs for sure... I hope to expand my line of them someday, but for now the Crew Cab is all I need. Haven't ran into a situation yet where I needed anything else. We pack camps in about 4-6 miles and hunt from there for a week and usually pack a little meat out now and again....wish it was more....

Congrats on that again! That is probably the prize to have won!!!

Mystery Ranch just had a free Pack Giveaway on Facebook. On friday they said if 100 people would "like" the thread by monday, all of them would be entered for a free pack. 281 people ended up being elegible for the giveaway and some guy name Woody won. Point of the story, if you're a FB guy, join their site, they may give another away someday. And, just another way Mystery Ranch takes its marketing seriously.

Scott

Woody? That was me. Wait, that is my name on another forum....my bad.:hump:

I did have my name in the hat. Guess I will have to wait until next month when the Optifades are in and just shell out the $$.:D

I'll be on top of that as soon as I win that last Mystery Ranch pack in the BAYED....eh em...BIG FIN!!!!

Back