Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

my xmas present to ya

D

Delw

Ok guys Those of you who have varmits your trying to get rid of in city limits.IE pigeons,raccoons,crows

Heres a trick I was showed over 18 years ago and have been using it alot on pigeons lately.This is also fun to use in the garage for target practice.

you need a .22 cal center fire .223-220 swift(.17 works well to)
take a (neck size it)casing for the gun you will be using and drill out the primer area so it will hold a shotgun primer(pressfit), befor sticking the primer in take a .22 cal pellet and puch it through the primer hole with a nail. puch it up so its tight with the neck.then push in a shotgun primer.put it in your gun and shoot it. A shotgun primer has enough of a charge to get over 1000 fps and the smaller the case the better. its very accurate.Now you can play a little with some powder but put no more than 1 grain of redot in it and make sure you use cotton to keep the powder close to the primer.
In a bolt rifle this is very quiet more so than a pellet gun and extremly accurate.If I ever get the time I will make some up for those interested.I own a machine shop so i can make them easly.

Delw

Delw, I don't have any varmint problems but, I would love to try one just for the hell of it. I am going to print this out and save it for later. Let me know if you make any 220 swift loads. I would like to get one from you.

I might have some time to make some next week.I shut the shop down for the holiday's. that way i can make some fishin lures and other things If i get the time i will make some up in various cal.I still have to finish a few jobs. then do some mantinace on the machines.If I get them dont i will post what i got done here and how many of each.

Delw

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back