Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

my utah rifle buck

hunter cameron

I got this buck on the opener saturday morning at 8:17 am. It was a cold one , and it snowed a inch also 2 days earlier . I went up to my spot that night . Waited in a saddle I picked to watch for the opener . It had some good shooting lanes. Once light was coming I seen alot of hunters around me . Right at first light for about 15 mins there was no shooting or deer sighted . But then the shooting started . There were shots everywhere . Then I started seing deer around me on ridges They were being kicked up by all the hunters. I then seen some bucks far across the canyon . But was not going to go after them . I decided to stay in my spot . Then 40 mins later in the saddle I was in finally spotted 2 deer trying to sneak by me in the saddle . But they got in a opening in the oak brush . The first came out as a 3 point probably 15" . Then out came my 4 point . I saw him , and made a quick shot as it stepped in the open . Dropped him with a one shot with my 30-06. He was 4x4 with eyeguards 21 1/2 " wide. I was very excited . I also had to drag him out a mile . While I was dragging seen a few other hunters dragging there buck also a very fun mule deer hunt in utah. Its my second buck . Hope you enjoy the pic.

later , hunter cameron

Kudos on a good buck. Don't worry, you'll grow into that hat someday ;)

Sounds like you did well with all the compitition around you. Congrats !!

Congrats on your buck Cameron and don't take any crap from Moosie about hats...ya otta see the assortment of lids that boy wears! ;)

Back