Caribou Gear Tarp

my town is haunted .....with hurricanes

JB Florida

Elkhunters post made me realize we are haunted down here. I'm still not finished with all the beach property insurance claims and here comes another one right up the pipe! |oo
http://www.weatherunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200501.html

Maybe these darn storms will get out of the way early and not goof up archery elk in september!

Its funny though ...this was in the list the fort property and a bunker is within sight of my house.
"Gulf Shores - Fort Morgan - the feeling all the time that you are being watched, you see shadows crossing the fort walls at night."

Have a great day saturday !!!!!!!!!

I'm here for a year. Knowing my luck, I figure at some point one of these storms will take with it everything I own. The girls and I are preparing for a wet and windy weekend. Stay safe JB.

you guys can keep the hurricanes I don't want them. That tornado we had last year tore up my area. I don't want to see anymore for the next several years.............I hope.

Hey Orvis,
are you in ft walton beach or panama?

That looks to be the bad side for today!
Here is a good tip for ya, put duct tape over the keyholes if they face south or east, it will keep a lot of water. I hope to get some video of a water spout today!
We are at a narrow place in the island so you can see the spouts if its not too dark.

It looks to be a crazy day ahead, We were supposed to have about 200 checking in for vacation today but we convinced most to wait until sunday or monday to arrive.

Good luck to you Florida guys. We've had relatively quiet spring/summer weather here in Tornado Alley. Lotsa rain, small hail, and a little wind but have missed the bad stuff so far.

JB

I'm right on the beach in Mexico Beach...just down the road from Port St Joe and Cape San Blas.

So far it hasn't been too bad. A few down pours and some periodic gusts.

Cool Guys!

Orvis, thats a real nice place.
I just stopped by my house to check things out and the wave are higher in elevation than my 1st floor (as they break about 200yards out)
It may not even flood here but I bet you guys get pounded on the east side of it.

Keep your powder dry (and take pictures!)

Since it went over to the east a bit we are looking good!
the rain has slowed and it looks like the sun could peek through later.
YES! We have a winner!

Hope you eastern guys are doing as well.

Slight opportunity to hit the beach tomorrow. JB...you got any property for sale over here? ;)

yeah bud, we still have stuff for sale.
I had someone comein to look at the height of the storm that wants to make an offer before monday on a condo.

The beach is looking good for shells early in the am before the tide is in.
I think the waves will be gone though tonight.

Back