My new rifle is here!!

Nice looking setup! Sounds like it shoots alright too.

Are those 20 MOA bases? I would think you might need them to get out to 2K with a Mark 4.

15 MOA bases.............I know I can get to at least 1900 with my current load. If i went to the 168's for sure over 2000. Or if I bumped up powder with my load a bit I could probably get there.

Won't matter, 1200 is as far as I print my charts for anyway;)

That is going to be a fun shooter.

As far as Bipods go, IMHO the Harris is a pretty good option. For a long range gun like yours I think I would go with a pivoting harris model and add on a locking lever from EABCO or Alpha-Bravo. The locking lever allows you to level your rifle/crosshairs and then lock it into that angle.

The other option you might look for a long range platform is a Parker and Hale, they are good, but are heavy and overpriced.

Sweet rifle critter....have to break it in right. Chopper style

Gonna have to be a supercub break in instead of a chopper;) I have some grizzly bear revenge coming in August, and a white sheep to go with it..........Would be a great break in for the rifle.

Drake4 has one I like that I believe was a stoney point that was handy and light..........tought to beat the Harris for durability and function, but I'm open to any suggestions if anyone has any.....

You better buy two of them if I remember a story over a couple beers - you might lose one.

Rifle Shooting Update

Well, finally got to get out long range with this new rifle today.......Drake4 and I took the rifles up and got to do some 800+ yd shooting. We started off with a nice rock about the size of a basketball at 840 yds. I took the first crack and Drake watched the bottom right side of it explode! Fun stuff. Then Drake polished off the other side of it with his .280 Ackley.

Moved out to 994 yards. My first shot hit just above it as I had dialed for 1000 yards. I turned a click down and drilled it. Drake's first two shots were a bit high too, he dialed down a click and pinwheeled it.

Then, just to try, we found a good target at 1340 yards. Drake didn't have a printout on his scope to shoot that far so I was the only one to take a crack at it. First shot at 1340 was a tad high but probably would have still put an elk on his arse. I dialed down a couple clicks and tried again. A little lower, dead elk, but probably not a dead coyote. Dialed two more clicks and we would have had a dead coyote. Hit right on the top edge of the rock spot at 1340.

Man, I'm gonna love this thing!!!

Sheep to be first blood with it hopefully...............Now that I know i'm pretty certain anything under 1200 is history if I have a good spot to set up.

Weather conditions may dictate M.O.R.

Agreed 100%..........In fact, highly likely that conditions are ever right for that range;)

But Still comforting to know you have the ability if such conditions managed to be just perfect. We had as perfect of weather as possible when we were shooting the other day. I never usually print my charts over 1000 anyway becasue you very rarely have enough good factors to shoot that at an animal...............

Agreed 100%..........In fact, highly likely that conditions are ever right for that range;)

But Still comforting to know you have the ability if such conditions managed to be just perfect. We had as perfect of weather as possible when we were shooting the other day. I never usually print my charts over 1000 anyway becasue you very rarely have enough good factors to shoot that at an animal...............

Have you calculated your velocity and energy out at 1000yds, just curious what they are with that caliber, and grain of bullet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back