Caribou Gear Tarp

My new open reed Howler-Distress

SONG DOG

Well, I got a new call that I make. I make this thing completely from scratch and use no jigs.
It will produce high barks and howls. You can be the lil' dog someone wants to run off. Go further down the reed you can have pup distress and even rabbit high pitch.
This call is right at 3" long. I can also make a turned wooden barrel for it.
You can have it two ways the open reed call insert or the insert plus wood barrel.
Here is what else you can do with it. I don't use cork to hold the reed in. I thought it would be cool if you can be able to change the reed in the field. I use rubber and it sticks out passed the call to give you leverage to pull it out and change the reed. With rubber you won't have to have different sizes of blocks to hold the reed in. The rubber will give to the thickness of the reed.
Like all of my calls there will not be two alike. Each insert is done by hand and the barrel will turn out however my imagination will take it.
If you are interested. You can email me at [email protected]
OPEN REED CALL INSERT = $20
OPEN REED CALL INSERT W/ BARELL = $40 - $50
CLASS 1 WOODS-cocobolo, osage orange, eng. walnut, mesquite, oak and cherry $40
CLASS 2 WOODS-dymondwood camo,hazelnut, old rose, and wedge. $50
Thanks,

SONG DOG

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-19-2003 15:51: Message edited by: SONG DOG ]</font>

A picture is worth a thousand words.
wink.gif

You wanna send me a pic of them and I can get it posted for you?

I myself am very intrigued to see what an "open reed call insert" is... and I always love to see what the rest of you guys are makin'!

Thanks
smile.gif

Jeff
wave1.gif

coyotecalls016.jpg

coyotecalls014.jpg

Im working on some howlers now. I have these distress calls down. Howlers are another story.
wink.gif

Brad

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-13-2003 15:29: Message edited by: brad h ]</font>

Brad thats some cool looking distress calls.
I have made one open reed antler. Slydog should be recieving it about tuesday.

SEE YA,

SONG DOG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back