Caribou Gear

My MT Bear

Check the bear in tonight and saw a really sad sight...count over 15 dead rams from out of the canyon...both road killed and die offs...just sad!

yeah...that was a bad sight! When I checked my bear in earlier this year, I snapped this picture of all the dead rams.

rams.jpg

Number I heard was 19 dead in the canyon this last winter..ouch

Great pic of Lil B!

Got any pics to share of your bruin that shows the whole critter?

I know that feeling, always happens that way does it not. 4 years I wanted to take a lope with my M29. Would carry the 29 and a rifle, always ended up taking them with the rifle. Finally stopped carrying the rifle and toted only the 44 and finally got my lope with.

And if you'd of had your bow you'd of seen a 20 incher @ 300 yds, go figure...

hello, the wife and I just moved to Butte from missouri in july of 2011, we are wanting to bear hunt spring of '12. But we have no clue where to go, or anything else about bear hunting. Any help and information would be greatly appreciated.......thanks!

hello, the wife and I just moved to Butte from missouri in july of 2011, we are wanting to bear hunt spring of '12. But we have no clue where to go, or anything else about bear hunting. Any help and information would be greatly appreciated.......thanks!

HEad into the mountains south of Butte, the Highlands...........just start going and learning the area and you will find some bears. look for some clearings or clearcuts that are getting green grass early....

the highlands cover a lot of area, and mostly pvt. property......any particular area to head to?Sure would be nice to have an experienced bear hunter to team up with to at least do some looking around for a likely place........

the highlands cover a lot of area, and mostly pvt. property......any particular area to head to?Sure would be nice to have an experienced bear hunter to team up with to at least do some looking around for a likely place........

Highlands are almost all public, not sure where you'd be running into private at down there.

I'm pretty sure if you glass this spot a couple evenings in May, you'll see a bear or two. There was a bunch there the end of September, right at timberline.

017.jpg

There really is no secret to hunting spring bear, just need to put in a ton of time covering ground and glassing as much fresh grass as you can every night, until you find a bear you want to kill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back