MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

My google phone is a reminder of how painful life can be

G

Guest member 25165

Not long ago, I traded my Samsung galaxy phone in for one of the google pixel phones. Yesterday I opened up my phone to two "past" reminders...one of which happened 11 years ago, the other 10 years ago. For those who don't know what this is, google sends you pictures that have been taken in the past and reminds you of your memories that occurred on that same day a year ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago, etc.

The first picture was of my wife Megan who was pregnant at the time. I took a picture of her 24 hours before she was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia. 5 days later she would give birth to our daughter Ava who was born on Sept. 24 at 25 weeks and passed away shortly thereafter on Oct. 2nd which is also my brother's birthday. The end of Sept. has been hard enough for my wife and I over the past 11 years, as it is a constant reminder of our lost daughter.

The second picture google sent to me happened 10 years ago. It was a picture of one of the nicest bucks my dad shot with his bow. He shot it on opening morning of the Wisconsin archery season. He was proud as punch. Ironically, yesterday also marked his 50th year on our land that we have been hunting. Yesterday I also got a call out of the blue from the land owner telling us that we were done hunting. No warning, no explanation, just told us we are done. He said to come and get our stands and he hung up the phone. After Ava passed away, that place was an absolute sanctuary to me and my dad. Other than my wedding day, my best memories have been on this land.

Just felt like putting my thoughts on electronic paper. Thanks for reading...just feeling entirely bummed out.

Maybe I should look into getting an I-phone.

It’s good to remember, but I prefer to do it on my time, those forced reminders used to take me to places I wasn’t looking to go at that moment. For instance, today would have been my Grandpa’s 97th birthday, and I really wasn’t needing Google to force me to remember, I prefer to go look through pictures myself, when my mind is on him.

I can’t imagine your pain, the loss of your little one must be overwhelming in any way you are reminded of her. To add the loss of a stable and cherished thing like hunting access on top is just a cruel twist. I pray that you can press forward and find what you need very soon.

I just got a new Samsung and it is sending me pics from 4yrs ago.
There is no hiding from google.
I was grocery shopping the other day and google asked me to
take pics of the smoke shop I was in for other patrons.
The smoke shop is next door!💥

I'm very sorry for your loss, but if it's any help, I find those "reminders" good motivation to document the good things. I end up taking lots of silly little pictures of the kids, the dog, those misty morning sunrises. Sure, the crappy memories come up to, but at least for me I have a tendency to dwell in the crummy stuff, and I end up getting daily reminders of good stuff over the years.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back