My first foray into long distance

SFC B

As many of you know I recently picked up a part time gig selling guns here at the new Scheels store in the Springs. We started training the first of January and are regularly meeting with various vendor reps. Last night we spent about 4 hours learning about optics, discussing MOA vs MIL, learning to input ballistic info into devices to garner shooting solutions, discussing cartridge choices and uses while pairing with optics. Today we spent the whole day out on the eastern plains of CO near Karval putting this stuff into practice. We were shooting weapons from Browning, Seekins and Tikka (all suppressed and in the old Manbun) all topped with Vortex Razor LHTs and using the Vortex Fury HD AB 5000 rangefinding binos with ballistic calculating and the Vortex Fury app. Targets were 350ish, 450ish, 550ish and 1072 yds. It was surprisingly easy to work the shooting solutions and strike steel. In all honesty this was the first time I have ever shot with purpose past 400m. I shot the Tikka and Browning platforms and was able to ping the 1072 yd mark with both. Later in the day we had a competition- 6 rounds with various scoring based on strikes on targets without misses.....one miss and you are done without any scores. I chose to shoot my comfort level instead of "going for glory" . That meant that the old guy picked the 452 yd target.....and proceeded to put all 6 rounds in 1.5 in :) I was a great day at "work".......got a nice bit of swag too!!!

Attachments

• 20210217_114349.jpg
    20210217_114349.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • 20210217_130238.jpg
    20210217_130238.jpg
    540.8 KB · Views: 22
Sounds like a fun and informative day !! Would you please tell the Scheels folks we would like one of their stores in New England !!!

Sounds like a fun and informative day !! Would you please tell the Scheels folks we would like one of their stores in New England !!!
I have already put a bug in the ear about moving into IN (my home state) which could start the move east :) Since it is a family/employee owned business they are very conservative with expansion. For instance, our building was bought with cash free and clear (220,000 sf).

Sounds like one hell of a day to me!! And I agree with the others...we need a Scheels or Sportsmans closer to New England!

@JLS I’m out visiting friends in Colorado Springs and each time I drive by the building I’m hoping it’s open and ready to take my money!!

Back