Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

My First Elk

recoil junky

Craig Colorado, Elk Hunting Capitol of the World
I can remember it as if it were yesterday.

I was 5 years old the fall of '64. Dad was foreman of the "O Slash Z" 9 miles up Lolo Creek out of Missoula. You know, right across the highway from Woodman School?

"Come on son lets go elk hunting!!"

Of course I went!! A five year old doesn't ever pass up a chance to go elk hunting!!! So we climbed in the 63 International pickup and off we went.

I don't really recall EVERYTHING that went on that day but I do remember this.

IMG_1016.jpg

Now, people often wonder why I'm so infatuated with elk. I just don't get it. I think they a retarded for not knowing.

RJ

Cool picture.My youngest son turns 5 next year,and he's already been out a few times for deer.The boy will be a hunting machine someday.He's better in the woods then his 11 year old brother already.Looking forward to hopefully taking my soon to be 12 yr old out for antelope next year.He has to make honor roll at school the rest of the year 1st, but thats the deal
Hope to make some good memories like yours over the next few years.Wish my Dad hunted.I was the 1st in my family to hunt, but they would always have time to take me .Some of the best memories of my Dad I have

Critter I'll distract them with some stupid realty questions and you nab the rack. I think we could pull it off.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back