MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

My dream has come true

Nice moose, congrats!

Maybe I missed this but what state were you in?

Looks like Utah maybe? No worries if you don't want to say.

I shot one in Utah a few years ago and was amazed at the number of moose in the area I was hunting.

Congrats!! That’s what dreams are made of and hunting with family is the best! Don't ever feel the need to make excuses for this sort of guided hunt. Zero percent shame in this right here. I’ll never understand those who look down on someone who goes on the occasional guided hunts. Most of my “dream hunts” will be impossible to do without a guide/outfitter if I’m ever in a position to make them happen. Being a DIY guy is great, but just like your situation and BigFin’s recent caribou hunt, sacrificing a dream because it’s guided and that would go against some stupid prideful DIY-only code is the epitome of ignorance! We can DIY elk, mulies, pronghorn, whitetail etc all day long but when it comes to a OIL hunt or tag you can guarantee I’ll be enlisting help to achieve the dream. It’s not like you’ll get a do over next year if you screw it up! It just irks me that as hunters we feel we need to justify every action we take to other hunters is all. Anyway, rant over lol!
I don’t have a clue who you are and I am proud for you! Thanks for the write up, You and Big Fin have me thinking I need to open a secret savings account to start squirreling away the funds to do something like myself :)

That is a good Shiras! The pics and story are quality. You guys stripped that moose probably farther than I would have. I love the fact that you kept the tongue. We have learned that it is great in tacos, or pickled. Good job on the hunt, the field stripping and the processing.

I'm glad you and your dad were able to have that experience together. Congrats on a great bull, a well written hunt summary and the vivid photos!

Congrats to both of you on your bull. I like how you referred to it as "our" moose. This is a dream hunt of my daughter and I, maybe someday before I'm too old.

"Our" is the only way we think about it. It is the only way we refer to any animal we get!

I really hope you get to do this with your daughter. It was probably the most fun I've had on a hunt, and about the happiest I've ever seen my dad.

Nice moose, congrats!

Maybe I missed this but what state were you in?

Looks like Utah maybe? No worries if you don't want to say.

I shot one in Utah a few years ago and was amazed at the number of moose in the area I was hunting.

It was indeed Utah! My first time ever to Utah, and I was impressed.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back