MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

My copper bullet performance

@Aussie_hunter_JD yeah I find the discussion weird since oft it's not so much about bullet performance as much as some weird perceived political connotation.

Anyway, I have played around with a bunch of different bullets for my rifle, until recent I was shooting swift A-frames IMHO the best lead bullet on the market... with the major downside that they are a PIA to find in a 6.5 even online, they seem to be on perpetual back-ordered. Then a few guys on here got me thinking copper, saying it had similar performance and then posted a whole heap of evidence about lead dispersal into meat that convince me it was probably time to make the jump.

Currently I'm shooting 120 grain e-tips in a .264 win mag... 68 grains of retumbo, guessing 3200-3300fps. I'm very happy with the E-tips performance thus far.

1573839906324.png

1573839944942.png

1573840056307.png

I switched to copper over the summer and have found the Etips extremely accurate In my 7-08 and 308. So far 3 antelope and one whitetail and I couldn’t be happier. Very minimal meat damage even when bone has been hit.

I switched to copper over the summer and have found the Etips extremely accurate In my 7-08 and 308. So far 3 antelope and one whitetail and I couldn’t be happier. Very minimal meat damage even when bone has been hit.
Thats what i always hear as well, I've only shot a few deer with the coppers; 2 were pass through vital shots and a neck shot; the neck shot was not nearly as "explosive" as the old core-lokts used to be. In the thick brush country where we hunt, I'll probably start aiming high shoulder if there is no snow on the ground

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back