My Brothers Unit 61 Bull !

Had to come back and look again. Love the mass on that bull. How was the hunt overall, besides short? Many other people?

Nice bull, awesome pocket on the royal point, maybe you can post a pic with a better look at it if you got one. Congrats as well, wish I had a bull under my belt.

We saw 0 bulls first rifle. 4 cows and a calf. One half hearted bugle so there should be some where we hunting :\

Had to come back and look again. Love the mass on that bull. How was the hunt overall, besides short? Many other people?

Oak,

It really wasn't that bad ! There were lots of hunters in the spots where most people can get to. The crazy part was the age of most the hunters. My brother had been up there since Oct 5th and myself on and off until the day before season and the bulk of the hunters we talked to were 60 and over. Even several guys we ran into above 70 (2 over 80).

The hunt was truely amazing compared to just across the road. My brother missed the bull twice and we just moved into the next canyon and found even more elk just feeding in the quakeys along with this bulls group. My brother could not believe the elk just slowed down and started there routine bugling, fighting and rutting. It was just a really fun hunt, but you have to find the elk where the others are not looking.

Places like Leonards Saddle, The Tongue and others had guys set up every 200 yards. :eek:

Here is another look at that 4th tine.

quinzsbull2011056.jpg

Quinton

Great bull for your brother Elkkill. Did you happen to hunt the other side of the road this year? I heard it was a zoo compared to other years- and that is saying something for that unit. I know I say this all the time- but why can't they limit this unit? They did it for the White River units and now then they did it for the Gunny units- not trying to make it a trophy area- but manage it for over-crowding.

Anyway, how many points for the 1st rifle?

Good luck to you if you haven't gone out yet.

Great bull for your brother Elkkill. Did you happen to hunt the other side of the road this year? I heard it was a zoo compared to other years- and that is saying something for that unit. I know I say this all the time- but why can't they limit this unit? They did it for the White River units and now then they did it for the Gunny units- not trying to make it a trophy area- but manage it for over-crowding.

Anyway, how many points for the 1st rifle?

Good luck to you if you haven't gone out yet.

Rich,

It was quite busy on the other side as always ! We did not have any luck archery season, but some other friends did knock down a couple bulls during first rifle.

It took 11 PP's this last year for residents ! My brother spent 12 !

Quinton

Thanks again everyone for the great comments !

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back