my bear (I hope)

lilbiggun

heres supposed to be a pic of my bear. the other 4 guys are my hunting partners and we played hell getting this one out. I hope it turns out.

guysbearme.jpg

Great blackie, LBG... CONGRATS...

Bears are a b**** to drag..There's nowhere to grab them...Every appendage comes to a POINT... :D ....

Which one of those rugged Alaskans is YOU...??....

thanks guys.

Pygmy, I'm the one on the left side of the bear kneeling down.

We tied the paws over a log and carried it out on our shoulders. one guy had a bum knee so he went ahead with the ax to clear what ever he could for us and the other 2 helped lift it over the deadfalls.

Joel -
Where prezactly were you?? Yeah bears were a bit slow this spring but about the time you got that one they started being spotted. Seems now is the time.

John, we were on the river road (or the old alcan, whatever its called). I shot it near porcupine creek. thats where we seen all the sign.

I'm sure you seen the cabin (about 2 miles from the river), thats where we stay.

Yeah bears were slow to show themselves this year, even a couple of the locals (that hunt with us) were kinda baffled over this spring. Alot of griz tracks along the porcipine coming off the tanana but they were hauling ass up the porky, I guess heading for the 40mile for some nice juicy calves or something.

Joel -

Know where you were. I have land at the end of river road (and it is a section of the old alcan) and I live near the start of it. There are alot of bear both grizz & blacks along the porcupine. Surprised that you didn't see wolf as there are a bunch of them also. I'm going up to the start of the porcupine this afternoon taking my young grandsons with me.

John, I thought I saw one one day but it was just going into the woods. it was down on the silt. Alot of tracks, thats for sure.

How did it go for you on the porcupine? see any bear?

That is a great looking bear joel...Thanks for the pic, the head of that thing looks about half as big as you are ;) :D

Joel -

I didn't see any bear saturday but also didn't expect to that time of day that I went and with the boys tagging along sort of tough to be quiet. But my buddy has been hitting the area around the head waters almost every night as he has some baits up there. He has been getting lots of action but is being real picky about pulling the trigger as he is trophy hunting rather then meat hunting.

Thanks guys.

Chaser, his head isnt as big as what it looks. it ended up being 17 7/8" (or 17 14/16" depending on how you want to look at it). for this being a spring bear, I have never seen such a fat bear.

He still had fat around his heart and his innerds. alot of fat under his hide. funny part was that his stomach and intestines were totally empty. he ate good last fall thats for sure.

John, if some one wacks a big ole griz in that area let me know. I seen this fuggers tracks and they were big. He was coming up from the tanana walking along the road and heading into the woods right there were its sand after heading west from the porky (coming from the bridge).

Back