Yeti GOBOX Collection

My 1st AK hunt

So, is anything headed for the taxidermist? I've always thought that a Harlequin is probably the coolest looking duck out there. I've never got one, but if I ever do it WILL be headed to the taxidermist.

Nice to see someone useing a old school gun instead of the latest and greatest.

As a youngster I always wanted an A5, I had an old Savage/Fox side-by-side, and occasionally got to borrow my brother in law's A5. Now I wish I had either/both of those old guns.

Very cool. Did you take your own kayak with you or is there a place to rent one? I am planning do an unguided trip to Adak in search of the Aleutian/Common teal and the eurasian wigeon. After completing the slam this year, I want to try and get a bunch of the subspecies and vagrants to round out my collection.

Very cool. Did you take your own kayak with you or is there a place to rent one? I am planning do an unguided trip to Adak in search of the Aleutian/Common teal and the eurasian wigeon. After completing the slam this year, I want to try and get a bunch of the subspecies and vagrants to round out my collection.

Took my own inflatable kayaks. Don't know if someone rents them there or not. No problem collecting the teal, could have shot lots of them but after collecting a couple pairs we passed on them, didn't want to devastate the local population.
Now the Eurasians are there but you don't see them in abundance. Only saw them twice in 10 days hunting. First time we jumped a small flock and the two of us each killed a drake, but my friends drake was instantly stolen by an eagle. They are everywhere and waiting for you to down a bird so they can swoop in on it. When you kill something you better be prepared to retrieve it very quickly, and even then they will take some. We probably lost about 1/3 of all the birds we shot to eagles.
The 2nd time I saw Eurasians, 2 drakes and a hen buzzed over me in range but I had a kayak paddle in my hands and not my shotgun.......DOH !!!!!!!

10-4, I know the outfitter that operates on the island, sometimes, in January. Having a boat would be nice for Pacifics, but, I plan to go hunt them in Cold Bay this November. I am going to try for a euro in Cold Bay and use Adak as a back up plan. Not sure if I will be going in 2015 or 2016, but at some point. We saw some common teal on St. Paul last month, but I didn't have my gun either! I was just there for moral support of those that hadn't gotten a king yet. That won't happen again.....

What inflatable kayaks do you use? There seem to be way too many choices.

What inflatable kayaks do you use? There seem to be way too many choices.

I have a love affair with inflatables.....:hump:.....kayaks that is.....;)

For this trip we used 2 one person Stearns IK 116 Very firm, track well, but no room for gear.

But I also own and use the Stearns Camo 2 person IK 140
I also have another of the same in orange. These track well but seem to sag more in the middle, but they can carry more gear. I'll probably go with these next time for a combo Caribou / Eider hunt.

I have a Sevylor SK 100 DS I've yet to use it but it seems rock solid firm.

I've also used in Hawaii for hunting an ARK ( African River Kraft ) holds more cargo but doesn't track well. More for floating downstream.

Pretty Cool Breck!

I'd love to do that hunt one day. Getting that Harley would be first on my list. That euro is pretty sweet and the Ptarmigan ain't to shabby either.

That's a long way from the IV.

Anyone else getting no video saying it is breaking some copyright law or something?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back