Muzzleloader tag for units 261-268 mule deer

3TOE

Hello everyone! So I’m new here to posting but have read forum posts in the past. I’m hoping that someone here would be generous to help a struggling fellow hunter out.
So here is my dilemma. Myself & my sons buddy drew resident muzzleloader tags in NV unit 261-268 for mule deer buck. I cannot for the life of me find a decent area. I have spoke with the area state biologist once & an area game warden 2 times and so far I have only had marginal success. I have been out scouting the area 3 times.
Trip #1 I went to Carpenter Canyon & Wheeler Well area. ZERO deer & no sign found. Area locals stated they had never seen a deer in Carpenter Canyon & a family camping at Wheeler well said they had been there camping 3 weeks in a row & had not seen a single deer.
Trip #2 Went better... I went to the Cold Creek area near Wheeler Pass, specifically around the Willow spring loop. I managed to see 5 does while glassing & using the spotting scope. I found some sign but nothing to get excited about.
Trip #3 I went to Mt Potosi. I glassed 2 big canyons for the first 4 hours of daylight & again saw ZERO deer & no sign found.
On all 3 trips I was in the area before daylight & positioned at elevation to glass.
What am I doing wrong? I’m an avid hunter & grew up hunting whitetail, but the mule deer just has my number. I can’t figure them out. If anyone would be willing to help I would sincerely appreciate it.
Thanks!

Thanks man! I’ve been trolling the forum for the past few years. Just now committing to joining.
I belonged to a few turkey hunting forums years ago so I thought I would give it another shot.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back