Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Muzzle Loader Questions

No. Contrary to popular belief, black powder is incredibly stable and does not attract moisture. I had the prove the latter to myself, but there is no question about that. My Bill Large barreled Hawken is sitting right here in the shop. It's been loaded since mid October and it is just fine.

BTW, people have been killed by charges left in rifles for 100+ years. Which speaks to it being stupid to leave a rifle charged like that for ever. But I hate to load/unload and I had some dumb idea I was going to shoot a buck in teh backyard with my arm in a sling this week. Wrong.

Anyway, it works. You might google or search Dixiegunworks.com for the Kap Kover - It makes me feel better when hunting in the rain. But I don't have one on my rifles right now.

Sidelocks and flinters can be unloaded pretty darn quick with a screw-ball puller or CO2 discharger (both available from Dixie or Trackofthewolf.com). Probably works on inlines too.

If you aren't using real bp, you don't know what you are missing. Might as well get a sidelock to go with it ;)
Trying to interpret your text, are you on painkillers?

No. Contrary to popular belief, black powder is incredibly stable and does not attract moisture. I had the prove the latter to myself, but there is no question about that. My Bill Large barreled Hawken is sitting right here in the shop. It's been loaded since mid October and it is just fine.

BTW, people have been killed by charges left in rifles for 100+ years. Which speaks to it being stupid to leave a rifle charged like that for ever. But I hate to load/unload and I had some dumb idea I was going to shoot a buck in teh backyard with my arm in a sling this week. Wrong.

Anyway, it works. You might google or search Dixiegunworks.com for the Kap Kover - It makes me feel better when hunting in the rain. But I don't have one on my rifles right now.

Sidelocks and flinters can be unloaded pretty darn quick with a screw-ball puller or CO2 discharger (both available from Dixie or Trackofthewolf.com). Probably works on inlines too.

If you aren't using real bp, you don't know what you are missing. Might as well get a sidelock to go with it ;)

The first Muzzleloader I had the guy told me to use real black powder, I got a bullet stuck 1/2 way down the barrel, I screwed into it and pulled the lead core around the screw out. I took it to the guy I bought it from and he cleared it. The next day the same thing happened. I took it to a legit gunshop and the guy told me that using real black powder was a horrible idea. Literally everything I’ve heard s out muzzleloaders has been confirmed and contradicted by so many people it’s unreal. If the F****** things were worth a S*** we wouldn’t have modern rifles.

I understand your want to be nostalgic with the guns and admire that, I love bow hunting and lots of bad can be said about that, but let’s not try to defend muzzleloaders as a legit weapon. I can’t do it anymore. It’d be like picking up s rifle and saying “ maybe I’ll guess on a few loads, see if I can make the bullet tumble, maybe put a bad primer in s few, and dirty up my barrel before I go hunting”

When it comes to muzzleloaders and black powder.

73AED274-F54A-488C-B6D5-A6AC1CE5F7A9.gif

It ain't the arrow, it's the Indian, Stocker.

that said there are some sorry-made rifles of all types, We could begin your rehab program right now. Or we can wait until next year, but the "Slam" must continue to your last breath. We need some entertainment, especially me. All I can do is sit on the couch.

The first Muzzleloader I had the guy told me to use real black powder, I got a bullet stuck 1/2 way down the barrel, I screwed into it and pulled the lead core around the screw out. I took it to the guy I bought it from and he cleared it. The next day the same thing happened. I took it to a legit gunshop and the guy told me that using real black powder was a horrible idea. Literally everything I’ve heard s out muzzleloaders has been confirmed and contradicted by so many people it’s unreal. If the F****** things were worth a S*** we wouldn’t have modern rifles.

I understand your want to be nostalgic with the guns and admire that, I love bow hunting and lots of bad can be said about that, but let’s not try to defend muzzleloaders as a legit weapon. I can’t do it anymore. It’d be like picking up s rifle and saying “ maybe I’ll guess on a few loads, see if I can make the bullet tumble, maybe put a bad primer in s few, and dirty up my barrel before I go hunting”

View attachment 253885
Obviously, everyone has an opinion.
Best to figure out what works for yourself and go on full ignore mode.😁

View attachment 253885
I know but how do you really feel?
Don’t be shy.

If you want to become a real man Stocker, shoot a flintlock!! That will put hair on your balls!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back