Muzzle loader bag

Don't over do it. I used to carry a bunch of crap with me but that got to be a hassle. Ball starter and primer caps in a small bottle like a pill bottle in coat pocket.

The other pocket I carry to quick loaders with powder and bullet.

I do have a plastic tool box I carry in the truck with some basic tools extra powder bullets primers and cleaning supplies.
This

Kind of new to the muzzle loader stuff. I’ve picked up a couple clearance muzzle loaders and really like shooting them. And the wife and I are going on a muzzle loader hunt tomorrow and realized I don’t have a way to carry all the supplies. I will be alright on the hunt but looking to see how you guys who hunt with these a lot carry your stuff. I can see me getting into this a little more and doing some more of these management hunts

A shoulder bag, your wife's biggest purse, a trout creel, or a good upland bird vest will all work just fine. Surely you have one of those.

Primers/capper in shirt/chest coat pocket, and 1-2 speed loaders in my pants pocket. Rest stays in my pack. I'm still a novice muzz hunter, but have killed a 10-12 animals with one. Rarely have I been able to shoot more than one time.

Primers/capper in shirt/chest coat pocket, and 1-2 speed loaders in my pants pocket. Rest stays in my pack. I'm still a novice muzz hunter, but have killed a 10-12 animals with one. Rarely have I been able to shoot more than one time.
I’ll chime in here in how many shots to carry…. once in a blue moon things go very sideways…. I had a day where I hit and pursued a wounded buck using patched round balls… with a number of running followups, some hits some misses and then a final finisher. I think it was like 6 shots total. If I didn’t have sufficient loads handy, I would have lost this deer. I always carry enough for at least 8 shots. Never had used more than 2 before that rodeo.

Before I get crucified, I know this was not an ideal situation nor a textbook strategy, as I said sometimes things happen. The first shot was well aimed but not immediately lethal. It was warm and close to dark so I pursued. The rest were hectic. This deer also just soaked it up, several individual hits were in vitals, it just wouldn’t go or stay down, can’t explain it. I was lucky in the end.

I’ll chime in here in how many shots to carry…. once in a blue moon things go very sideways…. I had a day where I hit and pursued a wounded buck using patched round balls… with a number of running followups, some hits some misses and then a final finisher. I think it was like 6 shots total. If I didn’t have sufficient loads handy, I would have lost this deer. I always carry enough for at least 8 shots. Never had used more than 2 before that rodeo.

Before I get crucified, I know this was not an ideal situation nor a textbook strategy, as I said sometimes things happen. The first shot was well aimed but not immediately lethal. It was warm and close to dark so I pursued. The rest were hectic. This deer also just soaked it up, several individual hits were in vitals, it just wouldn’t go or stay down, can’t explain it. I was lucky in the end.
You are spot on. On the average day 1 will work, maybe 2. But then there are those times where things go off the track - by a lot. I once shot something like 19 arrows a goose while deer hunting. The best laid plans don't account for what the world can throw at you sometimes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back