Yeti GOBOX Collection

Muzzle loader bag

sigpros

Kind of new to the muzzle loader stuff. I’ve picked up a couple clearance muzzle loaders and really like shooting them. And the wife and I are going on a muzzle loader hunt tomorrow and realized I don’t have a way to carry all the supplies. I will be alright on the hunt but looking to see how you guys who hunt with these a lot carry your stuff. I can see me getting into this a little more and doing some more of these management hunts

Don't over do it. I used to carry a bunch of crap with me but that got to be a hassle. Ball starter and primer caps in a small bottle like a pill bottle in coat pocket.

The other pocket I carry to quick loaders with powder and bullet.
Screenshot_20231103-131602_Samsung Internet.jpg

I do have a plastic tool box I carry in the truck with some basic tools extra powder bullets primers and cleaning supplies.

a drybag with a powder flask, measure, bullets, patches, caps, bullet starter, etc. I have one for my inline that has a slightly different assemblage of stuff but same basics.

Those powder charge tubes are nice to have too

Speed loaders are great. I preload them and then vacuum set them so I know they'll stay dry, and I can get quite a bit of the essentials into this:

Speed loaders are great. I preload them and then vacuum set them so I know they'll stay dry, and I can get quite a bit of the essentials into this:

That thing looks handy.

Kind of new to the muzzle loader stuff. I’ve picked up a couple clearance muzzle loaders and really like shooting them. And the wife and I are going on a muzzle loader hunt tomorrow and realized I don’t have a way to carry all the supplies. I will be alright on the hunt but looking to see how you guys who hunt with these a lot carry your stuff. I can see me getting into this a little more and doing some more of these management hunts
I just carry a couple or 3 of those ready load plastic tubes, which has powder, a bullet, and a primer.. also carry a ball starter in my day pack. This is for a day hunt to my deer stand. For a several day elk hunt I carry more stuff, but I leave it in my tent or vehicle. Ymmv.

I have four of these in my thigh pocket and a tin of caps in a ziplock in my breast pocket.

Don't need a ball starter, powder measure, or capper with these. Open the top and pour in the powder, put the ball end in the muzzle and whack it, use your ramrod to ram it home, cap is held in the powder chamber of the speed loader. Cap and shoot.

I carried 3 of the green plastic speed loaders, bullet starter & 5 primers for my day hunts.
Primers I put in a plastic machinist insert container. Small pill bottle would work fine too.
Everything fit in a pocket in my backpack.

One speed loader in a sandwich bag in my front shirt pocket. 5 more in my pack.

I have 3 - 1 quart freezer bags, 1 with 4 speed loaders, 1 with some pre lubed patches, 1 with my T-handle tool and breech plug wrench.

1699189226447.png
When hunting i keep it real simple! 2 of these in my pocket along with my capper in a tiny ziplock thats it! In my pack i have dry/lubed patchs, jag, nipple wrench, etc along with extra capper and speedloaders. Most people dont need possible bag.

Added: tape up before you go breech and barrel if damp, dont store loaded muzzy overnight in warm location to avoid condensation

The Mountain Men had a leather bag with a shoulder strap that they called their "possibles" bag. They carried everything that they needed in it. I think the modern term for that would be a "man purse". :D

When I hunted with my muzzleloaders, my possibles bag was the cloth bag with a shoulder strap that my Boy Scout canteen came in.

Made my own possible bag maybe 10"×10"×2". I carry 3 speed loaders, pan primer, ball starter, patch jag, ball screw, patches, round toothpicks, extra flint in a small interior pocket.

extra AA Batts, map (if an unknown area)compass, and knife.

Kill kit- gloves, paper towels, ziploc bags for heart and liver, pen, zip ties and tags.

Emerg. Kit- combat tourniquet A MUST HAVE! bandaid, tape, aspirin, imodium, emergency blanket, mirror, fire starter and whistle.

MOUNTAIN MONEY!!!!!

I use a mystery ranch zoids bag. I usually carry 3 additional speed loaders, primers, 6” starter t handle, an Allen wrench to fit my scope, and cleaning patches. I cover the end of the barrel with electrical tape and wrap an additional 2 or 3 feet around the barrel just in front of the scope or rear sights. In the truck I keep my powder and measurer, more speed loaders, primers and projectiles, more cleaning supplies, and bore butter. My bag varies based on type of hunt and conditions.

View attachment 300305
When hunting i keep it real simple! 2 of these in my pocket along with my capper in a tiny ziplock thats it! In my pack i have dry/lubed patchs, jag, nipple wrench, etc along with extra capper and speedloaders. Most people dont need possible bag.

Added: tape up before you go breech and barrel if damp, dont store loaded muzzy overnight in warm location to avoid condensation
This loader is the one I use as well.

Load before heading out.. Then I keep 1 on these in my pocket for follow up and 2 more in my pack. I keep a few primers in each pocket as well.

The Mountain Men had a leather bag with a shoulder strap that they called their "possibles" bag. They carried everything that they needed in it. I think the modern term for that would be a "man purse". :D

When I hunted with my muzzleloaders, my possibles bag was the cloth bag with a shoulder strap that my Boy Scout canteen came in.
1700250014314.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back