Yeti GOBOX Collection

Munsey's Bear Camp Outfitters Kodiak Island Alaska

B

big28hunter

I hunted with Werner & Son's Backcountry Adventures last September. The hunt was unbelievable and even though I came home with tag soup I truly enjoyed the trip. I was supposed to return with them this fall but the trip fell through. Goat is still very high on my list and I am getting ready to pull the trigger on another goat hunt. This time with the Munsey's on Kodiak Island, Alaska. The hunt will take place in zone DG480 in Uyak Bay. I hunted out of Larsen Bay in 2007 for sitka blacktail which is also zone DG480. Has anyone had any experience hunting this zone for mountain goat? Any comments are welcome and appreciated.

It's actually RG480 now, the R denotes a registration hunt D designates a draw hunt. I've been down there a the past two years, 3 billies 9.5"- 8.75" and a 9" nanny. Both hunts were about 4 days. Plenty of goats, that's why it went to registration. It's a big area though so I'm not sure what heard Munsey's would be hunting. Let me know if you have any questions.
Here's the 3 billies we took.

TB

I forgot to mention it's 2 goats a year now in 480. Munsey's is a good operation too if you were wondering about that.
TB

Thank you for sharing your pics and experience. Those goats are magnificent animals and I am looking forward to hopefully getting one for a lifesize mount. If they treat me right I may have to return with them for a brown bear. Thanks and congrats on your awesome trophies!

TBinKodiak congrats on your draw luck this year! I have booked with Mike Munsey for my goat hunt in October of 2016. I wanted to go in 2015 but I'm getting married and will be in Italy during the first week of October next year. Good huntin' and thank you for your insight.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back