Multi family bear hunt?

maginnis

It was a good year of spring bear hunting. A few buddies and myself got out quite a bit and had some good hunts both early and late. I carried the stick and string all spring and had some great stalks , got in close but the stars didn't align. Memorial Day weekend brought me to a less serious family bear hunt, including my wife, daughter(4), sister ,brother in law and niece (3). we watched a few hillsides in the evenings and we were seeing bears! crazy i tell you. on our last evening we checked a face we had watched the evening before and sat for a few hours. I opted to take the rifle shot when this bear stepped out at 250 with less than an hour left of light. It was a pretty nasty climb across to the bear but made it in time for a few pictures. We made a different loop around on the pack out and finished up after midnight. It was a great night .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 326
Thanks you. Not a super old bear but mature and had some tooth wear, a few scars, and coat thick as Ive seen. More like a buffalo! I was hoping to get the girls across for pictures but not worth the risk of crossing the raging creek with them. I was glad they were a part of it. Makes it that much better!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back