Caribou Gear

Mule in Idaho

RyeGuy74

Hey, so it looks like my hunting trip to Idaho is finally coming together and this is will be my first hunting trip by myself and on public land I've never been/seen before. I know the season is still a long way off but does anyone have any advice?

Lots of threads on this site specific to your inquiry. Scout on onx. Maybe buy a gohunt membership. Practice shooting.

Use the search function. There's enough reading to occupy you for quite a while.

good luck, I’ll be there too. I just wish I knew how to kill deer in Idaho, but I’m not helpful sorry. It’ll be a hell of a lot of fun even if you don’t put one on the ground.

Get in shape and be dialed with your rifle out to 400 yards, or further.

If you're in shape you'll have a great time.

If you can't do any scouting before season, but you plan on hunting the opener, then see if you can get some extra time and arrive a day early. Even one day of scouting without the pressure of actually hunting will help you get a feel for the overall area. Have a few ideas from internet scouting and try to spend the prime time of your scouting day in those areas. Take lots of pics and share on HT. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back