Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Mule Deer Rut

tradguy92

When do you guys in NE New Mexico and SE Colorado typically start seeing rutting activity with muleys? Watching Big Fin's show I see him hunting the rut around the second week in November in Montana. I'm curious if they're like whitetail and rut later in the year the further south you go.

The peak is usually right around Thanksgiving give or take a week depending on the moon and weather. It's also the middle of rifle season in Oklahoma.

The peak is usually right around Thanksgiving give or take a week depending on the moon and weather. It's also the middle of rifle season in Oklahoma.

I was hoping that wasn't the case. I know the orange army is thick here in the northeaster part of the state, and was hoping the rut was after rifle season ended. I'm thinking either Beaver River or Rita Blanca for an archery hunt.

Southern 3/4's of Arizona and SW New Mexico Coues and Muleys rut peak is mid January. Same with Mexico. You will see them Moving more or Young Bucks trying to rut in late Dec. plus the cooler weather gets em Moving more in the day.................BOB!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back