Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Mule deer in unit 42 idaho

Issac

Hi guys, this will be my 7th year hunting unit 42 Owyhee Idaho for mule deer 2 point antler on one side but I’ve had no success on finding a buck but seen some does. I’ve looked at couple spots and just don’t have good luck.
wondering if anyone can help me find some new spots. I don’t care how big The buck is As long as it has a 2 point on one side.
Just trying to land one deer and I’ll be happy.

Hike away from the roads and glass. If you haven’t been able to find a forkie in seven years you need to change your strategy or your unit.
I’m just looking for a regular 2 point buck I’ve seen bigger bucks but I’ve only been doing over the counter tags.

wondering if anyone can help me find some new spots. I don’t care how big The buck is As long as it has a 2 point on one side.
Just trying to land one deer and I’ll be happy.
There is more to happiness than having the internet tell you where to find a deer.

If you have hunted for 7 years and not seen forky, it is time to get out of the truck....or at least turn on the defroster.

lol....
7 years and no forkie????
Serious question are you blind? All you have to do is drive down the road. My suspicion is you’ve never been there. 2 pts are almost as plentiful as rabbits. Big bucks on the other hand, not so much.
Matt

Seems like a lot of people asking about 42 this year.... especially with zero knowledge. Ive spent about 6 years out there and know the unit very well. If you cant find a 2 point, might want to find another area to hunt... maybe a zoo or game preserve. On another note, i wish they would put a cap on the 2 point tags in the owyhee units. Too many clowns out there... really diminishing the trophy quality that those units could produce more frequently.

Isaac, describe your hunting style please. It seems the problem isn't area, but your tactics.

You seem like a nice enough guy and these comments are not meant to be rude but to me they show the potential of the area if you shift tactics. Usually this involves getting to a glassing spot you can see some distance and not walking around or driving a lot.

Seems like a lot of people asking about 42 this year.... especially with zero knowledge. Ive spent about 6 years out there and know the unit very well. If you cant find a 2 point, might want to find another area to hunt... maybe a zoo or game preserve. On another note, i wish they would put a cap on the 2 point tags in the owyhee units. Too many clowns out there... really diminishing the trophy quality that those units could produce more frequently.
Man it was fun when it was an "any buck" unit!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back