MT NR youth app - bonus pts

Festus

Last year I was in charge of filling out the youth apps for my buddy's kids. He was just looking to get them each a bonus point for elk. Apparently, I did something wrong and they were not awarded their points. I feel terrible.
Does anyone have some advice on the correct strategy for this so I can get it right for those boys this year?
They will be hunting with us on a general tag again this year, but their dad thought it would be nice to start building them some points for the future.
Thanks in advance.

for bonus point im assuming for permit areas , its pretty simple, just select the $20 bonus point box. Do not select the $50 pref point box that's pointless since that's just for gen tags an there are leftovers every year and probably will be for many years to come. The bonus point for $20 is what u want .

We were trying for the elk bonus point for permit areas (?).
There is a special NR youth combo big game license for $505.50 sold beginning Feb 16th, but in order to get them a point also I had to fill out the paper app (no online for youth) and I did something wrong.
I had put the 3 of them as a group. Maybe as youths they had to have an adult in their group also - maybe???? But I had me and their dad already in as a group online....no wonder something went wrong :eek:

I'd call special licensing an have them answer any questions you have. I thought group size limit was 5 but maybe it's 2?

I've talked to a couple different people and I think I got it....or maybe it's that they got it?! :cool:
The boys failed to get their General combos (and therefore permits/points) last year because they have to have an adult 'sponsor' associated with them. I had done the dads online the same day.
They were able to get a youth general combo at a later date (unlimited number) because dad's general combo was now in the system.

This year:
I was told to apply as two groups (because 6 of us) for the permit area to obtain points, but send all paper apps in same envelope so they know then that the boys have the appropriate adult associated with them. The youth paper apps normally get mailed to a different P.O. so they are separate, but today I was told to send all of our apps to the youth address so they are together. :confused:

September yet?????

I've talked to a couple different people and I think I got it....or maybe it's that they got it?! :cool:
The boys failed to get their General combos (and therefore permits/points) last year because they have to have an adult 'sponsor' associated with them. I had done the dads online the same day.
They were able to get a youth general combo at a later date (unlimited number) because dad's general combo was now in the system.

This year:
I was told to apply as two groups (because 6 of us) for the permit area to obtain points, but send all paper apps in same envelope so they know then that the boys have the appropriate adult associated with them. The youth paper apps normally get mailed to a different P.O. so they are separate, but today I was told to send all of our apps to the youth address so they are together. :confused:

September yet?????
ok glad u got I figured out sounds confusing .... and yes im waiting for September also :D:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back