Caribou Gear Tarp

MT Non-Resident Party Hunting Application

Rickdf

Last year was my first time hunting in MT as an adult and I'm still very new to the rules and regs. This year I'm hoping to come back to hunt for pronghorn again. I'll be coming out with two other non-residents who would also like to hunt for pronghorn.

What are some advantages and drawbacks of applying as a party as a non-resident? Are there any? Or is party hunting meant mostly for residents?

If it matters...
I would like to apply for an Antelope and Antelope B license
Hunter#2 would prefer Antelope B license
Hunter #3 would prefer Antelope license

Would a good strategy be to apply as a party with hunter #2 for Antelope B and to apply as a separate party with hunter #3 for either-sex?

Unless Montana is different than any other state you can only put in one application and to be considered for a group all applications have to be the same.

I found the party application process a bit confusing as we were putting in for both Resident and Non-resident at the same time. I called the fwp and ended up actually going to the FWP office in Missoula. She was able to explain the process very well and told me exactly what I would need to do for the Non-resident party member. I would call the FWP, they will not only help you but let you know the best way to go about it.

I called FWP and they were very helpful. Since Antelope and Antelope B are separate licenses, I can apply for a party hunting license for both.

Back