Caribou Gear Tarp

MT Hunt Roster Change Meeting Tonight

Agreed Rob. I opposed any landowner handpicking in my initial letter on this issue. This is a tough one because I absolutely see why landowners would want control over the type of hunt that occurs on their property. No one wants a shootout. I don't know, but I see the only real way to guarantee fairness would be for a computerized system to randomly draw hunters based on the landowner's choice of hunt structure. Then again, that could result in a situation in which landowner complaints of hunter unavailability may be valid due to a hunters lack of open schedule to get to the damage hunt location .

Agreed Rob. I opposed any landowner handpicking in my initial letter on this issue. This is a tough one because I absolutely see why landowners would want control over the type of hunt that occurs on their property. No one wants a shootout. I don't know, but I see the only real way to guarantee fairness would be for a computerized system to randomly draw hunters based on the landowner's choice of hunt structure. Then again, that could result in a situation in which landowner complaints of hunter unavailability may be valid due to a hunters lack of open schedule to get to the damage hunt location .
The bolded part is allegedly part of the "problem" they are trying to solve by having the landowner pick the hunters. The second alleged issue is that the hunters from the hunt roster often can't hunt effectively because they don't know what they are doing or are expecting an easy hunt in an alfalfa field.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back