Caribou Gear

MT Deer only draw odds

They didn't end up giving me all the specific details, but said that those numbers include some unused landowner sponsored tags, if someone does an elk only combo tag then they strip the deer tag off that and sell that as a deer only combo tag, etc.

The overall applications and licenses awarded are for the general nonresident drawing though so the 84.4% last year for deer is a real number.

For 2012 there will be the new native Montanan license so I would think there will be even fewer applicants than 2011 so I personally think that even the deer only combo may be a 100% draw in 2012.

My 2 cents. Nathan

thanks for all the numbers.I'll hope for a left over deer tag;doubtful.Unfortunately, I'm in for Wy. deer and they have the same app. deadline.I can get out west 3 x in one year

Hey just wondering if there is an option when applying for lic to do it as a group so that if one of us draws we all draw?
Also whats the chances of seeing an elk on public land in SE MT i am guessing slim to none but just wondering.
Thanks guys

There are elk to be found in SE MT on public land. Shot a raghorn last fall with my bow. They are just a little harder to find.

Is there any doe deer tags to be had in SE MT and if so how do you apply for one do you apply with your general lic or do you apply later?

not sure in the SE, but the NE, every non resident hunter is designated a doe tag for whitetail, and you buy it over the counter for $90 and that includes the hunting license and conservation license I believe, I called the kalispell office the other day and asked, this is what they told me,
Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back