MT Deer Here We Come

mconway951

Well i got drawnfor my first ever MT hunting License. Its just a General deer tag but i am excited to come to Big Sky country and look for a buck. I am taking a friend of mine that has been hunting for the last 18 yrs and never shot a buck of any kind at all. So i am hoping to just put him on a buck that is a respectable rep of either whitetail or mule deer. I know eastern MT got hit hard with diease and winter kill a few years in a row but i am hoping there is still a few deer left. I think we are going to concentrate on custer national forest and BLM land in SE part of the state. Anybody from that part of the country? How was the winter around there this year>

Very easy winter compared to last year.

Very easy for sure, seeing a lot of game this year. There is definitely still not as much as there used to be, but this winter will help with the recovery. Have seen lots of elk and deer moving around the area west of Colstrip, and seen a bear on the way to work this morning. Lots of BMA around that area, but haven't been down to the forest yet this year.

My party drew as well.Our plans are custer national forest as well.Are you guys camping there as well?Can't wait this will be our first western hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back