MT bear down

I'm thinking that we should try and find that big black one on monday. I need to get myself a bear instead of helping you and dad.

Randy11

Where are you from I will be in Montana all next week trying to fill my black bear tag. Been in montana for two years now. Have seen some bears in the spring but still have not been able to fill my tags. Came up last year in the fall for a weekend and didn't see anything. I'm going to give it a whole week this fall and see if I can figure them out this year, anyways headed out Monday, if anyone has any tips for a fall bear hunt I'm all ears.

Like I told you on the other site, berries, berries, berries. All the bears I've been seeing so far have been in these serviceberries, but by the time you're here they might have already moved up into the elderberries. They're a lot more vulnerable and out in the open once they switch to elderberries, so that's a good place to hunt.
They aren't moving much right now either, so if you need a starting point just cruise logging roads until you start seeing piles of crap, chances are there's still bears in the area. Look low, my bear was killed at 3200 feet.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back