Mt 411, 412, 426, & 530

B&R Umpqua

I will be in the area during archery season and would be interested in sharing general information. I am focused on backcountry opportunities and have hunted extensively and successfully for Roosevelt and Rockies throughout Oregon over the last 20+ years. Going new places and preparing for the hunt are more important than the final result to me, although they usually go hand in hand.

There's bulls in them there areas and they aren't overrun with wolves yet. You might want to check your archery tag....seems like you get limited to hunting only one of the areas thanks to the new archery regs. At least residents have to choose one area when applying.

I just checked the regs and I was wrong about the archery limiting you to just one of those areas. It looks like you should be good for all of them. As I recall, 530 has the most public accessable land and areas were elk get pushed to the boarder of private land but lots of elk, 411 very little public accessable land but huge bulls and lots of elk, 412 has some elk and good mule deer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfan99
Back