MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

MR Metcalf

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Glad to hear. I'm gonna look at the MR bino harness as well!

I just got done using my Metcalf as a hiking day pack around Medicine Bow and the Tetons. Sure its 'heavy' and big for a 'day-pack', but the main bag cinches down to nothing. I was pretty leery of the lack of pockets at first, but I've gotten pretty used to it over the last couple months of messing around with mine. The lid pockets can actually fit quite a bit of little items. The zippered side pocket I've deemed basically worthless though. When items are in the bottom of the large compartment the zippered side pocket is very hard to access and put an item in, or take an item out because the material does not stretch. In day-pack mode I'm sure the side pocket would be more usable due to the lack of larger items being in the bottom of the pack, however I've found that all my smaller cluttered type items fit just fine in the lid pockets. I liked the idea of the zippered stuff pocket on the exo packs, but the compression straps on the Metcalf work just fine for strapping a jacket to the pack. I would really like to see some type of longer side pocket for a spotting scope similar to what the exo's have. I haven't figured out a great way to quickly access my spotter yet besides keeping it close to the side zipper.

I use the side pocket for the bottom of my tripod and trekking poles. Used this n conjunction with a compression strap it holds them very well.

Scheels honored it! Just picked up the Metcalf a day early. So glad to have it!

All Mystery Ranch products are 25% off! Packs and accessories.

I went down to the scheels in utah. This ad ran 2 weeks ago here. The guys were great and were able to honor it now. They said it is running at different time for different regions. So if anyone else cant find the ad local have them check. Cant wait to use my new metcalf for deer and elk.

I'm slowly liking Scheels more than Cabelas. Scheels has better customer service.

Dang it Boomer. Now I have one of these as well. It is really nice. I didn't think anything was wrong with my old pack. $400 I wasn't planning on spending and wouldn't have known about this deal if it wasn't for you!

Dang it Boomer. Now I have one of these as well. It is really nice. I didn't think anything was wrong with my old pack. $400 I wasn't planning on spending and wouldn't have known about this deal if it wasn't for you!

I'll take the blame! Our backs will be thanking us.

Back