Moving to Denver

nmelktrout

After spending the past 9 years in New Mexico studying, practicing, and hunting my heart out, I have accepted my dream job and am returning to my home state of Colorado in 2 weeks. I'll miss New Mexico and year-round big game hunting, but am glad to return to Colorado. I love hunting big game, working my black lab on upland birds and waterfowl, and fishing. I worked as a flyfishing guide and big game guide for many years, but qualify as a weekend warrior these days. Would really appreciate meeting up with some like-minded outdoorsmen who are living in the big city area (Denver).

Cheers,

Cody Lujan

http://themeateater.com/author/codylujan/

http://www.streamflies.com/resources/meetpros.html

I was just getting comfortable down in NM and now you gotta pack up and move!

We've maximized the last 3-4 years down there chasing elk, deer and pronghorn and created some incredible memories.

Logistics may make NM more challenging in the future but it has become a place I absolutely love to explore and hunt. Thanks for showing me the ropes in one of the best hunting states out west.

Looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish in CO.

Super happy for you buddy!

Scott, good to hear from you man! Could not be more thankful for the opportunity, much less the ability to pursue my passions in life and finally get paid for it!

B, I think we'll get you killed out on a 180+ Colorado buck this year. We've had one hell of a run down here, but now we can add Colorado to our annual trip list. Will call you after I get out of the Gila this weekend, hopefully with a big yogi.

noharley, thank you on both counts. Glad you enjoyed the "Hazards of Hunting with Harold" piece. Took me a while to appreciate the "virtues" of my hunting mentor!

Summit, shot you a PM. Look forward to meeting you.

jlmatthew, thank you, sir!

-Cody Lujan

Cody, welcome back.

If you end up moving south of Denver I'll buy a round. I live in Castle Rock.

So what's a dream job?

Good luck on your move, Denver is a beautiful area.

Dream job? I can think of a few unrealistic things to place here...
I am a bit west of downtown, let us know where/when you settle, I'll swap lies with ya over a pint.

Congrats Cody! I guess I always thought you were from NM.

Best of luck, I'll let you know next time I'm in Denver

Congrats! I'll be through in October on my way to hunt OTC elk, second season. If I'm ever through there when REK plays, I'll see you there! Our elk camp is 4+ hours out of Denver, but you're welcome to join us for a few days.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'll be working in the ranch management and brokerage industry and just landed here in Denver with my family after 2 weeks of remodeling my home in NM and packing. It's great to be back to my home state and I can't wait to visit some of my old haunts.
-Cody

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back