Mount Rushmore of Meats.

Here's my picks in order if they were all prepared and ready to choose from.

1. Elk/deer heart grilled med-rare
2. Elk/deer tenderloin
3. Elk shanks Osso buco style
4. Beef filet mignon
5. Beef ribeye
6. Pork ribs

I would have to say,
  1. Elk, deer, antelope heart
  2. Deer/antelope liver
  3. Deer/Elk tenderloins
  4. Brookies cooked streamside

Ron is my hero.
I never watched it, being a real Park Ranger with no wrecks involved.
But he is funny.

Rio and I agree this evening...
BACON
Elk backstrap
Quality beef Ribeye
Quality Ham

I am saving the rest of this years pork belly for elkburger and plan on smoking chunks of shoulder and ham for meaty bacon.
We just had the ribs for a buddies Bday. Fall off the bone oriental style with potstickers.

I enjoy a good skirt steak over a strip or ribeye these days.

Although not a cut in itself but i think meatloaf deserves a spot on the Mt Rushmore of meats. Probably one of the best meat delivery systems ever invented.

Just throw a BBQ pit up there as well.

Baked hickory bacon covered in crumbled brown sugar
Kudu
Fried snow goose heart and liver
Smoked wild turkey breast

As I said in the sandwich thread.

Bacon is overrated. I mean, if you wanna sprinkle some on a salad or something, feel free, but it’s an accompaniment, not a course.

Elk shank osso bucco
Prime rib
Leg of lamb
Rack of pork.

i gotta say guys, i'm not in love with backstrap or tendies from any animal. yeah they're good and a well seasoned (24 hour dry seasoned), smoked, reverse seared backstrap is a fantastic meal, especially with some brown rice sautéed in pork fat with green chiles, cilantro, and garlic. buuuttttt....

i love elk and deer burgers more, i love heart more... way more actually. i like eating deer and elk tacos more than backstrap. tenderloins are the most overrated steak on an animal anyway. backstrap is far better than tenderloins, but id still rather have a smoked deer or elk burger.

my favorite meat list?

elk/deer/antelope heart
elk/deer/antelope burgers
45+ day dry aged corn fed beef ribeye
seared scallops
smoked ribs with ridiculously buttery cornbread and fresh raw local honey

and bacon? meh. what's better than bacon? chicharrones, no doubt. put heaping pile of those on a breakfast burrito and you'll never bother with bacon again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back