Mount Critique

Meatatarian

What do you guys think of this mount? It's not mine but I'm considering having the taxidermist mount one for me. Just curious what the antelope experts think and how it compares to work you may have had done. Thanks.

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 336
For me it's hard to tell from that pic if it's just a good mount or a great mount. I look for things like does the nose look moist in the mount, if you look up the nose is it finished all the way, or blocked off. Hows the detail of the eye lashes and things like that make a great mount to me. How does the sewing in the back match up. I like the pose of this pic and the ear set, but other than that, for me it's hard to critique that mount in the pic very much.

I agree with what Goldtip said about needing to see more detail.

Another thing to consider is that if you got that photo from the Taxi's website, it's probably the best example of his work. If possible, stop in and take a look at what he has hanging on the wall and ask to see mounts that he has just finished. Try to make sure he's doing all of his work to the same standards.

I will say that the mount in the photo looks a lot better than MANY mounts I've seen posted on hunting forums.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back