Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

MOTOROLA DISTANCE 2 WAYS

SPOTTED OWL

I bought a pair of Motorola 2 ways this
year. They worked great, but have a 2 mile
range. Would like to hear from anyone who
has the distance models and see if they really do have the range the company claims,
which is 5 miles in ideal conditions.Thanks

------------------
owl176x171.jpg

I've been looking at the 2 mile ones too, and also wondered about the five mile range. Hopefully someone will educate us further!

Sorry guys I cant help ya out with that one.I just got the Cobra Microtalk handheld 2 way radios.

------------------
Good Huntin-Kraven

You know the VHF model radios made by rayethon work pretty well as long as you are not near water ........ that way you do not interfere with boating traffic.
Overland they have about a 10 mile range @5watts.
Cost is similar, about 190 each with re-chargables & a charger.
JB

hey reggae-I havent used them as of yet just got them a few days ago.My dad has a pair of the Unwired handhelds and they are actually pretty good thats the kind I was going to get but got these as a gift so I am happy with these.The battery meter in the Unwired radios dropped to 2 bars out of 3 bars for 2 weeks of elk hunting.I will give a report on these when I start using them.

------------------
Good Huntin-Kraven

[This message has been edited by kraven (edited 02-05-2001).]

Reggae, Glen and I use the Motorola 10X radios. The adverstised range is 5 miles. They work to about 4.5 miles in cover, but will extend to about 6.5 with line of sight. They are strange though. There's no static or maybe. They are either working, or not working. We use them mostly in the trucks when we are traveling.
cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

Back