Motorola Defy - inReach alternative?

Bowmannate2000

Just saw this and was intrigued.

Looks like a less expensive option for communicating from a cell phone via satellite. It's nice to see more and more options hitting the market.

Is it still the case that it is launching sometime this summer? I really like the pricepoint and ability to use multiple accounts on one device, if I read that right. I have an InReach and it has worked great for me, but this would be a good second device for my son, etc.

I am always a bit leery of first gen launches and being sort of a real world test group, but will be watching to see how the performance and reliability is once it is live.

Is it still the case that it is launching sometime this summer? I really like the pricepoint and ability to use multiple accounts on one device, if I read that right. I have an InReach and it has worked great for me, but this would be a good second device for my son, etc.

I am always a bit leery of first gen launches and being sort of a real world test group, but will be watching to see how the performance and reliability is once it is live.
Same here. Would be interesting to see some hands on reviews. Thought I read Q2 release.

Just saw this and was intrigued.

Looks like a less expensive option for communicating from a cell phone via satellite. It's nice to see more and more options hitting the market.
Im in the camp with less is more on the electronic devices. I dont want to have to carry a separate GPS and phone link.. one less thing to break.

Back