Mothers day is coming!

I usually cook her a nice meal of some of her favorite foods, make a good dessert, and then get her something reasonably priced that she’ll wear a lot like a nice hoodie and some years maybe a pair of earrings.

Say (and do) "I'll take care of the kids. You take the day for yourself." Every mom's dream.

1, 3, and 13
A burl wood bangle with a custom inscription inside saying Love You Mom and your kids's names.

When they get a little older, take a few outfits for each kid and go around to some scenic places and take lots of photographs of them. Take the 12 best and make them into a custom calendar for her.

I normally get her a basket full of stuff she likes: face masks (the beauty kind), fancy soaps, a fancy loofa, bath stuff, chocolate, etc. Things that I picked myself and shows that I actually tried eventhough it took me 15min to put together at Walmart. We have kids so I always get them to make her a card too.

This year she's getting a pedicure and the usual basket of goodies.
I don't have a kids, but as a lady, this is very sweet and thoughtful. Super tags are better though! 🤫

Couple years ago, I got my wife a roll off dumpster rental for Mother's Day. Somehow, I didn't end up in that dumpster.

She was actually really excited about it. We got rid of so much crap.

I think I nailed it this year! My mom's going to watch the kids Friday and Saturday. I've rented a cabin in Medicine park around the Wichita mountains NWR that weekend. The Wichita mountains are one of my favorite places in Oklahoma also where the largest herd of wild elk are in Oklahoma. The cabin was built in 1910 and is completely renovated including a two person jet bathtub, and elk antler chandelier. I'm excited to do some hiking and watch the sunset below mount Scott from the porch while having a few drinks with the wife . We use to do some serious hikes together but since the kids it's been hard to find the time for us to both get away. Then to mom's for mother's day dinner Sunday. She's going to love it! Well except that I'm not going to tell her about it till Thursday evening so I can watch her scramble to pack.

I think I nailed it this year! My mom's going to watch the kids Friday and Saturday. I've rented a cabin in Medicine park around the Wichita mountains NWR that weekend. The Wichita mountains are one of my favorite places in Oklahoma also where the largest herd of wild elk are in Oklahoma. The cabin was built in 1910 and is completely renovated including a two person jet bathtub, and elk antler chandelier. I'm excited to do some hiking and watch the sunset below mount Scott from the porch while having a few drinks with the wife . We use to do some serious hikes together but since the kids it's been hard to find the time for us to both get away. Then to mom's for mother's day dinner Sunday. She's going to love it! Well except that I'm not going to tell her about it till Thursday evening so I can watch her scramble to pack.
Yah I'd say you nailed it, or will be nailing it.😉

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAWMIA
Back