MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Most difficult to harvest??

I can tell you it's quite possible in AZ. I've hunted Coues deer there twice, and both times glassed up mountain lions I could have killed if I had bothered to purchase a tag.
I'm going to hunt coues in arizona for nine days in a month. So ur saying I should buy a lion tag to?

Himalayan Snowcock.

Only found in small range in Nevada.
Only live above 10,000 ft.
Can't use a rifle.
They flush at 60 yards.
Blend into the surroundings like a chamaleon.
Only 1-2 are taken every year. Most years none.

Himalayan Snowcock.

Can't use a rifle.
They flush at 60 yards.
The holy grail of upland birds!

I'm going to hunt coues in arizona for nine days in a month. So ur saying I should buy a lion tag to?
In a month I assume you’ll be archery hunting. If I were rifle hunting and wanted to kill a lion I’d definitely buy one. Not sure if archery hunting. But you could plan to do some predator calling as well. I’ve glassed up lions, bobcats, coyotes, gray foxes and coatis while looking for Coues.

In a month I assume you’ll be archery hunting. If I were rifle hunting and wanted to kill a lion I’d definitely buy one. Not sure if archery hunting. But you could plan to do some predator calling as well. I’ve glassed up lions, bobcats, coyotes, gray foxes and coatis while looking for Coues.

I'll show my ignorance. What's coatis?

Coatimundi

A relative of the raccoon. Found from Southern AZ down well into South America. Sometimes found in large packs.

coati-mundi-group-grass-costa-rica-112270891[1].jpg

I harvest my corn and soybeans. They can be difficult in muddy conditions. When it comes to animals, the killing part is pretty easy; finding them can present some challenges from time to time

How about a north American grand slam? Sheep hunting is obviously difficult, but to do 4 is something else!

Himalayan Snowcock.

Can't use a rifle.
They flush at 60 yards.

This IS a tough hunt.

Then the mtn goat, Dsll sheep, wolf, cougar, --as to only those listed, coues are tough to find and moose bring two additional things into the discussion., of a tough hunt. If possible a moose will find the worst possible place to expire, water, if possible AND it takes several trips to bring the meat out

Dirtclod, yeah I miss those little buggers

I'd say archery coues deer would land somewhere near the top on a difficulty scale.

AH!the memories,Javelina hunting.Had T-bones for dinner.Thru all
the bones in a pile just out of camp.One hunter left in his lawn chair asleep.Lee.
(passed out)Quati's come rollin' in and commenced to fighting over the bones.
Rollin' and wrestling over Lee's feet and under his chair.We yelled and woke him
up,he screamed like a little girl and ran and dove in he tent thinking Grizzlies were after him!
The "good ol' days" 🔥

Hardest I have done is big coastal Blacktails, followed by Coues deer. Taken many Blacktails in my day ,a few fine ones. One Coues buck.
Mature Mule deer buck today is way up there, along with a 400" + bull . I can find them still ,but not with a tag in my pocket...lol.
I tried spot & stalk lion a couple times. Got within 1200,1500 yards and nada . Now out deer/elk hunting I have had them walk right by me a dozen yards away,with no tag...lol.

Coatimundi

A relative of the raccoon. Found from Southern AZ down well into South America. Sometimes found in large packs.

View attachment 122094

Had my first experience about a month and a half ago. Unfortunately the guy that was beside me on the highway didn’t think they were as neat as me. I braked and moved over, he blew through them and killed two.

They were weird little buggers before they were dead. Marching right out there with their curly tails up. This was just outside of Clifton. I was always under the impression they were a border country animal.

Unlimited ram
Mature mule deer buck outside of the rut.
Legit christmas tree.....

I'd really like to try walking a lion down in the snow. No dogs. I know a guy that's killed 3 that way sounds pretty intense.
Tried the mt lion in the snow on backcountry skis a handful of times. They're damn hard to follow. Once they know you're back there they go through the thickest shit, and back track.

Had my first experience about a month and a half ago. Unfortunately the guy that was beside me on the highway didn’t think they were as neat as me. I braked and moved over, he blew through them and killed two.

They were weird little buggers before they were dead. Marching right out there with their curly tails up. This was just outside of Clifton. I was always under the impression they were a border country animal.
I have watched them not far from Reserve really,along with Coues. Funny critters for sure to watch. As bad as coons in camp too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back