Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

More WA birds a'fallin

Krusty your not on trial ... but Geez if a 52 yr. old one legged man [ me] can kill a turkey in AZ... you should be able to whack one.... just sounds like you might not be doing something right... my 2 cents.

Basser,

Reading about hunting, and learning it firsthand aren't the same.

THAT is why I joined the NTWF (a few years ago) to be part of an organization of PEOPLE... not to surf cyberspace, only to have to search and sift through volumes of confusing and contradictory information.

It's even harder to find a needle in a haystack, if you don't know what a needle is.

Thanks for the links though. :)

Cameron,

What DO you hold against me. This SEEMS personal? :confused:

You and I don't see eye to eye. That's obvious. Why don't we just agree to disagree?

Seattle isn't far from Snohomish (Kevin was working in Seattle when I met you guys), and I'd have gotten there to get help. Even a phone call would have helped.
Poor excuse, and not much of an apology. ;)

The only reason I mentioned strikers, or any other "compensation", was in reply to your statement of expending time and money to help others.
I pay my own way, and I'd make it worth someone's effort.
With you guys, I have attempted to do so ahead of time.

All the places you name, save for Goldendale, are on the eastern border of the state. And all, including Goldendale, are more than 5 hrs drive from most of the major metropolitan areas (where most of our PAYING tagholders live).

Are there turkeys in the Snohomish River Valley and it's drainages? How 'bout the Skagit Valley? Nisqually Basin? What about any number of the San Juan Islands? Whatcom, Grant, Adams, Jefferson, Cowlitz, King, or Kittitas Counties?
Seems like a lot of places they aren't, doesn't it?

Talk about barking up the wrong tree.
You won't be selling me a renewal on my NWTF membership, or change my opinion of them in any big hurry.
You're welcome to your opinion, and to throw your money away any way you wish though.

THIS ALL SEEMS LIKE A BIG ASS HASSLE, CONSIDERING ALL I DID IS ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION... "ANYONE NOT FILL A TAG?" :BLEEP:

Krusty
wave1.gif

Great pictures from everyone on this board. I love dead turkeys!!! I just wanted to throw my 2cents in about the NWTF. It is a lot of work leading up to the banquet. Everyone in our chapter puts in a lot of time, I mean a lot of time. Everything from getting donations from many local and distant companies to putting on calling seminars at every sporting good store in the Puget Sound. Making a banquet run smoothly and entertaining is not as easy as it looks. We don't have too much of a turnover rate on our committee members, though. I think that we just want to be part of something that is helping support the cause instead of hindering it. Most of the hunters that don't return usually fall into the category of "looking to get something out of it". For it to be truely rewarding, you have to go at it with a give/give attitude. Personal time and sacrifice is not an easy thing to give, but in the end, I think it is worth it. Besides, I like to kill turkeys!!!!!!!!!!!

Basser,

I went and looked at your links. As hard as I tried, nowhere on the NWTF site could I find "how to use a slate call", or any other call.
Couldn't find any listing of land holdings, turkey releases or rehabilitation programs, calling contests, or shooting events.

I still can't tell the differnce between a cluck and a putt (and I couldn't tell what noise was what in the fly-down sound?).

The NWTF didn't disappoint me, or make a fool of me, this time.

By the way, I did all this for free, so I got just what I paid for.

Tell me again, what's the good reason I should give them more money?

CJCJ,

You'd think I was doing something wrong, but I called in a bear, several hawks, and more deer than I can count (during turkey calling, or after I gave up on turkeys and turned it into a predator stand), this year alone.

The fact that I never saw bird, turd, or track, leads me to think I was not the problem. You can't call what's not there.

Sneaky Jake,

I don't mean to take away from the good intentions, and hard work, you and Cameron put into the NWTF... but the road to hell is paved with good intentions ...that alone doesn't make the NWTF a good thing.

If there were any turkey seminars at my local Big5 (westwood village), or anywhere else around here I certainly never heard of it.

"I think that we just want to be part of something that is helping support the cause instead of hindering it."

Are you implying I am doing something to hinder the NWTF?
I never got all my newsletters, never got my truck sticker, and never got the education I was seeking, and never saw anything being done by the NWTF (maybe it was, but I didn't SEE it)...
I'M NOT THE ONE WHO MADE ME FEEL LIKE I DIDN'T GET MY MONEY'S WORTH (and I didn't really care, until it became an issue in this thread... when I voiced my gawd damn OPINION :mad: ).
Is this something I should be forced to keep a secret?

As ambassadors for the NWTF, you and Cameron are hindering things as much as doing any good... you sure don't make me want to rush out and be part of your group (again).

Now that you guys know I didn't feel like I got a fair shake from the NWTF, are you guys doing anything to try and fix that?
If you aren't part of the solution, maybe you are part of the problem?

You like dead turkeys? If I ever kill one, I'll send it to you, so you can shove it up your ass. :p

Krusty
wave1.gif

No Krusty, its not personal!! Its my passion !! I will be NWTF till it no longer exsists or till I die. I just think that you feel you didnt get a turkey, or someone to show you how to call. So you are pissed. Hell I am sure if you would have gone to a banquet or try to reach any of the comittee members in any of the chapters someone could have informed you where and when there was a siminar in your area. There are a ton of guys and gals at the banquets that know how to call and would have shared their knowledge with you. There are Jakes days, and thats what we do, teatch the kids how to call. But I suppose that the one we had in Mt. Vernon would have been too much of a hassle for you to get there and learn. But I am sure that the south sound had one too.... Yep they did. And I went last year, even though it was so far south. Its not personal, just stop crying poor me. I went 3 damn years before I got my first bird. Did you hear me cry? No I continued to find friends and places to learn more about the turkey. It didnt matter if I had to tell my girlfriend I wasnt going to be home for Easter, or Mothers Day. I was turkey hunting and learning more. Thats what you get if you get involved in your local chapter.

Now as for the west side of the mountains. Guess what, in all but 2 counties, areas you mention........... there are turkeys.. I should say only 1 but the number in Skagit are very low! But man there are turkeys every where. The reason I told you the places I did was because most people would look at the map and see nothing more than farm land. No forest. But they are all over. And the numbers are more in your favor if you go to the eastern side. That doesnt mean you have to go all the way to Collville to find turkeys. I hunted the Olympic Nt. forest a few years ago and they were there. Just hard to hunt. Thats one reason I dont frequent those areas. I know a guy who finished his slam in the O.N.F. I dont think that I would have chosen that place to finish but he did and did well.

As for your newsletters or magazines, all you have to do is call HQ and they will send you the replacements, and usualy a few more to make up for the problem. I dont know if you would want your truck sticker ? If you do, I will send you one of mine.
Do you Elk or Deer hunt? If so, you may want to consider renewing your membership, due to all the benifits that are passed on to the other wildlife as I mentioned before. Just my 2 cents.

Krustyklimber said:
I still can't tell the differnce between a cluck and a putt (and I couldn't tell what noise was what in the fly-down sound?).
Keep working at it and quit your your fuggin' whinin'.

Krustyklimber said:
By the way, I did all this for free, so I got just what I paid for.
You're getting it, keep trying and...quit your fuggin' whining.

Krustyklimber said:
Tell me again, what's the good reason I should give them more money?
By donating money to an organization you deserve something? If you don't like the organization, quit giving your money and quit your fugging whining.

Krustyklimber said:
CJCJ,

You'd think I was doing something wrong, but I called in a bear, several hawks, and more deer than I can count (during turkey calling, or after I gave up on turkeys and turned it into a predator stand), this year alone.

The fact that I never saw bird, turd, or track, leads me to think I was not the problem. You can't call what's not there.
Me think;) you should hunt bears, deer or hawks...and shut up. I have only seen about a dozen birds killed in Washington this year and I am guessing they weren't the only birds in the state.

Krustyklimber said:
Sneaky Jake,

I don't mean to take away from the good intentions, and hard work, you and Cameron put into the NWTF... but the road to hell is paved with good intentions ...that alone doesn't make the NWTF a good thing.
Good intentions seemed to have panned out for many others that seemed to kill birds. You didn't, but big deal, sounds like you got to spend a lot of time outdoors and saw some cool shit...be thankful for that and...quit your fugging whining.

Krustyklimber said:
Is this something I should be forced to keep a secret?
No, mention it and then quit your fuggin' whining.

Krustyklimber said:
As ambassadors for the NWTF, you and Cameron are hindering things as much as doing any good... you sure don't make me want to rush out and be part of your group (again).
Then don't. I don't have kids, but I am visualizing an eight year old that thinks everyone owes him something.

Krustyklimber said:
Now that you guys know I didn't feel like I got a fair shake from the NWTF, are you guys doing anything to try and fix that?
If you aren't part of the solution, maybe you are part of the problem?
I have my opinions about this one, but I will let those "guys" answer. Hopefully they are done playing nicey with you.

Krustyklimber said:
You like dead turkeys? If I ever kill one, I'll send it to you, so you can shove it up your ass. :p
Well at least you are making friends, dork.:rolleyes:

Best of luck Krusty...what was it again..."clown"???

Sorry, the option to have the hands pop out of the screen and do everything for you must have been down when you tried:rolleyes:

Honestly, I'm kind of amazed that a person would just expect to be led to a turkey because they donated money to a charitable organization. If you are wanting that kind of success you should just go talk to a turkey farmer as I'm sure he'll let you blast a bird for the right price. If you pay enough he might even hold your hand on the way to the field.

Any kind of hunting takes work to learn the ins and outs and you're not going to shoot something everytime...hence the word "hunting" and not "killing". It would be nice if we could but not everyone is able to chit trophy animals like our boy Buzz.

And don't worry, it's ok to suck....but quit your fuggin' whining!

Miller, That was funny as all hell. Thank you. Krusty, do you see what we are talking about here. You came off as a whiney ass cry baby. Now that there are several people busting your nuts over this do you see what we are talking about. As for being a good ambasador, and trying to fix something that happened to you that has probably happened to the majority of us. Stop your whining. I told you how to get your back copies of Turkey Call, or the Caller. Or is this too much trouble?

Amazing, you guys can hear whining... FROM MY KEYBOARD.

I stated my opinion, and then was drawn into a debate over it, as if it were fact. Which opinion is not.

I just think that you feel you didnt get a turkey, or someone to show you how to call. So you are pissed.

Guess what? You're wrong. Let ME decide what I feel.
I already said I wasn't pissed.
Frustrated and insulted, yeah, but I'm not the angry type (anymore).

There are Jakes days, and thats what we do, teatch the kids how to call.

Isn't JAKES for people 12 and under? That would be awkward.

Its not personal, just stop crying poor me.

I never said "poor me", and if it's not personal why are you taking personal shots, and name calling?

Do you HEAR ME crying... if so turn your speakers down, or your imagination.
It's not me?
I'm laughing at how serious you guys take all this.

As for your newsletters or magazines, all you have to do is call HQ and they will send you the replacements...

No, I called, they never did.

I dont know if you would want your truck sticker ?

I can't believe you'd even have to ask. No thank you.

Do you Elk or Deer hunt?

No I do not, but the deer and elk seem fine without the NWTF, or the RMEF.
You have yet to prove (to me) any of these benefits exist.

Krusty, do you see what we are talking about here.

NO! I DO NOT! :mad: And you OBVIOUSLY don't see what I am actually talking about, only what you think you see.

Now that there are several people busting your nuts over this...

My nuts are fine, you guys will have to do a lot better than that.

It's your OPINIONS that I am wrong about the NWTF, and the WDFW... I am willing to change my mind, if any of you can present facts showing I am wrong.

My money was well spent, and there was value in it? Show me?

I could have gone all the places I went, without a turkey tag, or a NWTF membership, and enjoyed myself as much as I did, or more (by not failing at turkey hunting).
Can anyone PROVE this is untrue?

As for being a good ambasador... Stop your whining

More great work on behalf of your precious NWTF.

If I was as passionate as you claim to be, about the NWTF, there's no way I'd let someone "leave" disgruntled, or insult them as they did.

You aren't any better at making friends, for yourself or the NWTF, than I appear to be, are you?

YOU are now the new reason I will never join the NWTF again. Way to go. ;)

I told you how to get your back copies of Turkey Call, or the Caller. Or is this too much trouble?

Yeah at this point, to get (2) three year old copies of the newsletter, so that I can be up to date on upcoming events (LIKE SEMINARS) that are long since over, seems like too much trouble.

MtMiller,

Nice to see that when they dogpile on me, you're there to bite my ass... still pissed over the GPS thread?

Too bad your debate skills haven't improved beyond taking cheap shots.

You need to turn down the volume on your imagination too.

By donating money to an organization you deserve something?

This is the first I heard of it being a donation... I thought I had BOUGHT a membership?
And I only think I deserved the things they promised, for that money (newsletters, stickers, etc.)... we had a deal, and I lived up to my end... they did not.
The End.

...I am visualizing an eight year old that thinks everyone owes him something.

And again, your imagination runs wild with you. Try and get a grip, you are supposed to be a grown-up yourself.

I'm a 44yr old man, who'd give even you the shirt off my back... but I'd expect you to say "thank you", because it's the polite thing to do.

Hopefully they are done playing nicey with you.

Oh... I'm so scared. :( NOT!

Well at least you are making friends, dork.

I am in DEEP SHIT when I have to take lessons on making friends from you, some nameless, faceless, anonymous, mudslinging, internet troll.
You're not exactly Mr Popular.

You've done a lot, to elevate this thread, have you?

Basser,

My point was; turkey hunting isn't as easy as "here's a link, have a nice day".

I actually opened nearly every link on the site, with an open mind, hoping for a lightbulb moment, and still I am confused about some of the major points of turkey hunting, as well as the minor ones (that probably deserve less attention then I am giving them).

I don't want to be lead to a bird, I already said that.
And I don't feel like the short time I was a NWTF member entiltes me to anything more either.

I did participate as a member of the local chapter forums long after my NWTF membership expired (as did some of these other guys), in good standing, and tried very hard to be a productive member. Which I believe I was.

Yeah, I kinda figure I EARNED a little help, by helping others (or at least being willing to).
I made an effort to help, and did help, over and over.

Somehow that makes me a whiner, a cry baby, and an overall bad guy?

Anyone of you guys is welcome to come to my house, and settle this like real men... over a cold one and a few laughs.
Lighten up!

Krusty
wave1.gif

Krustyklimber said:
Amazing, you guys can hear whining... FROM MY KEYBOARD.
Do you HEAR ME crying... if so turn your speakers down, or your imagination.
It's not me.
Comes across as whining on my computer. Maybe I need a new sound chip.:rolleyes:
Next year, when they ask me if I want a free turkey tag, I'll say "NO THANKS!".
I'm finished, I'm done, I quit, I HATE turkeys, and I HATE turkey hunting even MORE!!!
:wank:

I dunno where else to try? Or why to bother... it's NOT fun.

I certainly never felt like I got my money's worth, so far.

Next year I'll cover more ground, find more antlers, and have a better time not wasting any of it on turkeys that don't exist.

Krustyklimber said:
MtMiller,
Nice to see that when they dogpile on me, you're there to bite my ass... still pissed over the GPS thread?

I am in DEEP SHIT when I have to take lessons on making friends from you, some nameless, faceless, anonymous, mudslinging, internet troll.
You're not exactly Mr Popular.

Let me see, could be a gps thread. When I saw your name, I thought "hey, didn't I think that guy was a wank a few years ago too"? That thread is probably the reason.

Not sure if dog-piled. Seemed like everyone one was being too nice to you after your third or fourth whiney post. I just wanted to point out what was obvious to everyone else.

Faceless?:D Good one.:rolleyes: Mr. Vanity here...I post my ugly mug if I shoot a squirrel. Anonymous, never felt that way, but if you are calling me on it...Craig Miller Havre Montana 406/265-1121

I found it amusing you bitch because you said Cameron et al blew you off, errr...only to be told "new guys, like me, were ruining turkey hunting". Then hear from them that you were invited at least once. Your response, "Two or three years ago, I didn't have a car. I probably didn't feel like riding my bicycle to Kettle Falls, or losing my job. Turkey hunting wasn't that important."

You are a funny guy. Wait a minute, is this Gunner just fuggin' with me?:D

Krusty,
1. Check posts over last several years related to successful, happy turkey hunters.
2. Any of these hunts that occured in MT,OR,WA,ID,UT would have NEVER happened without NWTF.
3. You see, without NWTF's financial/ technical support with cooperation from F&G agencies we would have ZERO birds to hunt here in the northwest. PERIOD.
4. You have obviously not researched what NWTF does in our states.
Youth programs (JAKES are 17 & under), Women in the Outdoors, Wheelin Sportsman, Scholarships, calling contests, still target competitions, emergency winter feeding operations, not to mention the habitat enhancement projects. All the $ are on the nwtf.org website, take a peek.
5. NWTF does NOT tell you which tree to sit under nor do they acquire land to afford people access. You live in one of the western meccas of turkeydom.
6. It's on you to make acquaintance with some folks that have the interest in sitting with you, shoulder to shoulder, on a stunning spring morning to listen to the turkey woods wake up. With absolutely no guarantee that you'll harvest a bird.
7. If this does not suffice, plop a sock in the old "pie hole".
WD

MtMiller,

You still bring nothing but stupid smilies and not a single fact to your argument, then admit this is "old business"... grow up.

You point out what appears to be obvious, but you are mistaken, and so were those who agree with you.

I wish our local site was still around, because I could quote Cameron...
I'm not the only one he has offended.

Cameron's BROTHER might have extended an invitation, but I certainly don't remember it (so MAYBE it didn't happen at all). I didn't know until this spring, they were brothers (and that certainly affects how any future invitations from Kevin would be accepted).
Cameron has never offered anything, to me or anyone else I know of, as I said "I know which I think he was", and I am entitled to my opinion of him, in the same way y'all are entitled to your opinion of me.
We COULD all be wrong. ;)

Wally Dog,

1. I don't care to check back posts, the burden of proof is on you guys, if you want me to change my mind.

2. & 3. I don't care if there never were a single turkey in the west. It still seems (to me) the NWTF and the WDFW are poorly managed systems, that waste huge amounts of money, and that's MY OPINION.
Many people see turkeys as a nuisance, that never should have been introduced.

4. Once again, what seems obvious is not.
I spent a great deal of time in the past few days researching just what my state chapter does, and does not do.

JAKES is listed as being for persons 12 and under, SUPER JAKES is listed as being for those who are between 12 and 17.
I am not in either of these age groups.

WITO is for women, and despite the jokes y'all could make, I am not one of them neither.

We have no scholarships (that I found), no Wheelin Sportsmans events, no calling contests, no shooting events, and I couldn't find anything on feeding or rehabiltation projects (past or future)... when Cameron challenged me to "do my homework" I DID IT.
Can you or Cameron PROVE any of these things DO exist?

5. Gee somebody said they buy land... what do they do with it, if not allow access? Waste it?

If THIS is Mecca, turkeys are in big trouble.

6. I know it's on me to make accquaintences, and I have, until our local site was hacked I was doing a real good job of that. Now I have lost contact with several others who also offered help (in return for the help I gave them).
I thought that's what I was doing, with Cameron and his brother, but that turns out not to be how it worked out.
I gave, they took, and gave NOTHING in return... and I am the bad guy?

7. Maybe you should stuff you own pie hole?

Basser,

I laugh at how seriously you guys take this "arguing" (in defense of the NWTF)... after all Webster's dictionary defines a FORUM as; A place for the exchange and debate of ideas and information.

THAT is why I come here. To exchange, and debate, ideas and information.
Not to get reamed for my opinion.

If you think I was anything less than serious in the turkey woods, you are once again sadly mistaken.
If you think I am taking this debate seriously, that's another mistake. I am enjoying rattling your cages.

I don't feel bad about the amount of effort I put into it, I did my best, it just didn't work out. That's hunting.
I have no hard feelings about any of it.

Like I said before, "I'll get over it"... it doesn't look like some of you can say the same.

Krusty
wave1.gif

Krusty.. I'm guessing if you put 1/100th the time into turkey hunting as you do With the Quotes, cut and pastes, italic text, happy/sad faces and bitching... you'd have killed 10 turkeys this year instead of looking like one ;)

Papa Moose said:
Krusty.. I'm guessing if you put 1/100th the time into turkey hunting as you do With the Quotes, cut and pastes, italic text, happy/sad faces and bitching... you'd have killed 10 turkeys this year instead of looking like one ;)

LMAO.....:D

mtmiller said:
Anonymous, never felt that way, but if you are calling me on it...Craig Miller Havre Montana 406/265-1121

If you forget that number I'm sure you can find it in any bathroom stall located in the continental US.... usually follows the phrase..fat chicks wanted..;)

Moosie,

You're right.

I have put way too much effort into this, way more than it deserves.

I get defensive when my ass it being chewed on. And there's no better defense than a good offense... I often take that too far. And in this case I did, but I didn't "run off" alone. This was a mob scene.

I didn't start this fight, or the quoting, I just answered in kind. Just goes to show I will put as much effort into something as the next guy. ;)
My typing skills are up to the task.

I did try this hard to find a turkey, did you see the list of places I went? :)
I'll probably cowboy up, and try even harder next year, like I have every year so far.

Yeah I bitched a lot more than I really am a bitch in this too. I dunno why?
I don't hate the NWTF as much as I have lead eveyone to believe. But I do think the WDFW, and the whole state government, has some major problems.

Just like in High School, on the debate team... I probably put more into "my side" of the debate, for the sake of the debate (not necessarily even winning it), than is my personal view.

I definitely don't dislike Cameron or Sneaky Jake as much as I have made it out (or at all really), and have no problem with Kevin whatsoever.
I owe all three my apologies. This has been blown way out of proportion.

That doesn't wave a magic wand, and make it all better... but maybe we can at least stop here?

Krusty
wave1.gif

P.S. Hey man, you're the one who sent me in search of bitter thoughts. :p (JOKE)

sneakem said:
LMAO.....:D
If you forget that number I'm sure you can find it in any bathroom stall located in the continental US.... usually follows the phrase..fat chicks wanted..;)

Alright, busted by sneakum. Did you find my number while you were on the giving stall side of those glory-holes.;) :D

Even the burly ones ain't having much of me lately. Apparenlty they have been hanging out with greenhorns crew.hump

Krusty, You are too fuggin funny. First, Who ever told you that Kevin was my brother? Yes he has one, but its not me.

Just as all these guys have tried to tell you, you came off as a whining baby. If so many are saying that then you must be the one who is blind. Speaking of blind, I could go to all the places that you say you went to and not find turkeys too if all I did was drive around. And I thought that you said you didnt have much time to travel. So how did you go to so many places? And you are not going to find all the things the NWTF and the WDFG did for turkeys and conservation on the NWTF board. Sorry they have dropped the ball there. But if you contact DAN MCKINLEY (Reginal Director) he can help you with your home work. Maybe he can even take you turkey hunting.

Damn you didnt even give Moosie any lip after he busted your nuts too.... Oscar, you are feared...LOL>.

...but maybe we can at least stop here?

And maybe not. :rolleyes:

Cameron,

You said "me and Kevin"... I guess I made a mistake.
Brothers, boyfriends, boyhood pals, co-workers... why does that matter?

"All these guys" aren't who I have to live with, I have to live with myself. And I don't have a problem doing so.
I screwed up and went too far, I owned up to that, and made my apologies.
That's the best I can do, I can't take back time.

I'm making an effort to move on, are you?

I didn't just drive around, I darn near wore out a pair of new boots. I did a LOT of walking, and stalking, glassing, and listening. And even a little bit of cold calling.
THAT is hunting.

My woodsmanship is not lacking, my understanding of how to apply it to turkeys (and probably to some degree, my luck) is. That's nobody's fault.

In the past, I didn't have the time to hunt that I do now, or the financial resources. Things change. :)

I'm through with MY homework.
You never provided one piece of evidence that I am wrong. Just your own opinion.
It doesn't appear you are qualified to grade my homework... if my answers are wrong (and it's still important to you), YOU contact Dan and prove it.
I don't care anymore.

I didn't give Oscar any lip, because UNLIKE you, he made some good points, and he did so in a friendly and funny way (campfire talk, ya know :p ).

When I deserve it, he's got my back... and when I don't, he dogpiles on with everyone else :D (the fact that I deserved it, this time, doesn't take away from the fact that it was a dogpile... or that some dogs bite harder than others).

I certainly don't have any reason to fear him, so I don't.

Mostly though, I THOUGHT we were going to "stop". ;)

Are we? :confused:

Krusty
wave1.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back