Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

More trail cam Pictures....

Moosie

Grand poopa
OK, looks like we have a few Uucking Fgly bears on our site along with small ones...

HERE are a few pictures :

1_G.sized.jpg

2_G.sized.jpg

5_G.sized.jpg

6_G.sized.jpg

7_G.sized.jpg

8_G.sized.jpg

9_G.sized.jpg

-Moosie

Here is a bear print Me and Wylee saw... thats a 3" shell BTW ..
eek.gif
eek.gif

print.sized.jpg

Biggest track I've ever seen...

Elkgunner, is that one of those pics you have to stare at and not focus then you can see the track??

Moosie, that is a HUGE bear track. You better find that bastard!

Good Luck

Hornseeker,

Stare at it for 1 minute, and then quickly look at a white wall.....
wink.gif

That sardine can is one of the big ones, kind of long shaped.
smile.gif

Elkgunners pic you could see the Inprints but not a clear outline. But there were some big inprints there.

My picture is in an Area that isn't open for bear baiting (1st clue to gato who surfs these boards to find out were I'm hunting) I was turkey hunting near a place were my buddy runs hounds (2nd and final Clue for Gato) ....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Ahh yes, I seen your buddy at Wal-Mart couple weeks ago, there is some bigguns up in that country. I must be like a magnet to finding baitpiles, crap I found 4 different baitpiles yesterday, its easier then finding easter eggs. The best one I liked was 10 ft or less off the rd.....lmao, I thought they was suppose to be 200 ft at least. Bears had a path beaten down acros the rd to it, not to mention all the piles of schittt directly on top the rd....lol One guys bait truly has a monster coming into it though, I would like to see him up close. Another thing I thought funny...not one baitpile yesterday was tagged,maybe its best they did'nt cause only 1 was set were it would have been considered legal, the rest were either to close to waterways or rds....lol

Gato.... I figure I'm dumping over $500 of groceries (Or twice that but don't tell the wife) and all this time and effort.... MAN I'd sure love to get a big bear. It would be worth a call to me if you found that BIG one of the UNTAGGED bait site..... Not that I'm offering you anything for it cuz that would be FLAT OUT illigal, so don't read anything into my post becasue I don't want it to get mistaken..... But I'd sure like a big bear between friends *COUGH*couple hundred clams*cough* .. WOW ... I think I have something in my throat
wink.gif
(dollars to donuts says F/G calls me now .. HEHE)
asshole.gif

Gato, I thought you were running off my sites today.. .Good luck running Bait site "C"
wink.gif
your' need "WATER"hounds not Walker hounds
elkgrin.gif
Unlike 90% of the other guys, some of our sites take a bit-o work..... Although not all of them
wink.gif

How is ol' Don PAge doing, ya said you saw him in Wallmart ? I visited him up in the Hill's April 15th, He had been running Coons all night. He sure loves to run them big coons
wink.gif

Yeah I seen don at wally world couple weeks ago, talked to him till his wife got done shopping. Actually I ran into the guy thats baiting the biggun, its his first time baiting, I doubt hes going to kill the thing anyways, but who knows, thats also the same area that ken hoffman baited that 400 pder his wife killed you might have seen in the statesman, and I am thinking that one of the bait piles I found was his yesterday. Moosie, where the biggun is coming into, the baits actually on public land but its behind several locked gates, real access to it is from some private up the bottom, only reason I stumbled onto it was cause I dropped off the summit and walked a canyon out to pick up a couple dogs and happen to stumble onto it....I can get to it in my rig, but I know no one else can, I ripped one sideview mirror off my rig yesterday just getting in there, its actualy an old logging rd thats been totally over grown with choke brush, nothing the ranger can't handle though..lol. Your 4-wheeler would get in there great but of course you would;nt want anyone on this site to know you ride a 4-wheeler godforbid.....lmao.

Gato........ For the Big bear, I'd pull the 4-wheeler out of Retirement
smile.gif
I could let you borrow the 4-wheeler if you need, I was just going to sell it after the 3 day weekend anyways, I brought it in to see what I could get for it and the Guiy asked if I rolled the Odometer over or if I just had it parked for 6 years.... When It only read 500 miles... I realized I paid way to much for something I never get to ride. Uhhhh But let's not talk about my wife
wink.gif
HAHA !!

I saw the big bear picture, Some chick was in it or something ?!?!

Since you're not houndin' come to the BBQ ya dork !!!

My cousin just got her masters degree and were having a "family" picnic today to celebrate someone in the familys smart??? I could'nt hunt today if I could, my dogs are all crippled up. We ran 2 bears yesterday, had a split race going off one baitsite.... my old dogs took one up and outta there off into some no mans country and then we had couple younger dogs catch one right there but little sucker about 125 pder really liked to run, was trying to get pups put into the race all day, treed him once but got 100 yds from tree and he bailed, came streaking by me at 10 yds, ran him for about 5 hrs round and round, never left a 1/2 mile square area, just up and down the creek back and forth....was to busy trying to get pups turned into the small bear that old dogs were on there own....finally at dusk had to walk down canyon to pick up my old dogs they had came out, don;t know if ever caught that bear or not, but did;nt see them for about 12-13 hrs up there, they got up in big basin and tucked behind one of many ridges in there to where we could;nt hear them or let alone get a good enough signal on them to walk into them.....anyways was interesting day to say the least.

Bait, what bait....no I don;t carry bread crumbs around with me when I go out...lol. Your not baiting anywhere west of placerville up around the old quartz mine are you, theres bait up there and also to the south of there in a few of those draws also. That big bear is coming into a bait thats just west of alder creek summit, all rds into it are closed from the summits side but you can go down and around placerville and back up towards quartz bug and take a 2 track road all the way back up in there. The guy thats baiting it has access from the bottom through a locked private gate up towards mayflower mine, but I know a alternate route in there
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Gato,

It just seems reasonable, that if you are goint to be up near my bait, you could at least drop off some food. Remember, if it wasn't for the Twinkies we are feeding, them bears would need runnin'.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hell, I know how much Dog food I have bought in the last 4 weeks, and now I know where it all went to. Have you noticed if your dog's coats are shinier???
tongue.gif

If it acceptable for Hound guys to hang around bait sites, to start chases, is acceptable for bait guys to follow hound trucks, and just follow the dogs?
rolleyes.gif

I don't hang around baitsites or else I would just head up to moosies everytime....lol. Yes I ran off a bait yesterday but it was one of korrel outfitters baits as I had one of his guides with me and his wife was wanting to kill a bear since they was off a few days before there next client shows up. Theres a difference between accidently running off someones bait or purposely, I don't purposly run of other peoples bait unless I have permission too, I don't interfere with others hunting nor like others interfering with my hunts its common curtosy. You can thank the F&G for bunching up all the houndhunters up in 39 during the spring, all the units I run in normally are shut down to hounds in spring...31,22,32,32a. All this does is take all the hunters that normally run in those units and forces us to come over and hunt your country....23 and 24 are closest general units besides 39 to me in the spring and normally the rds in 39 are first to clear off....I went up into unit 23 last week and theres more snow in there this yr then there was last yr at the time. Then the F&G does the same thing in the fall, bunchs us all back up together again, either in 23,24 or 39....but by fall everythings open so I stay in unit 23. Personally, I think unit 39 sucks, if I had a choice to go elsewhere I would but I don't have that choice in the spring.
smile.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back