MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

More thieves and poachers

Stocker

My in-laws have a few hundred acres of really good deer hunting. It also has a nice pond on it with bass and big crappie. I don’t hunt over there but I do take the the kids back there to go fishing and I took a little John boat back there for them.

Last week some idiot was driving around spotlighting deer. Came back the next day and stole the boat. He drive through 3 closed gates and about 20 no trespassing signs.

So the good news is I have about 10 good clear pics of this moron, his truck, and license plate.

Initially I was gonna have a friend of mine run the plate so I could get an address to solve this myself. I still might pay the turd a visit just to get the kids’ boat back. Then turn the rest over to our warden. I like our warden, he’s a hammer. The people that don’t like him are usually not doing things right.

I was so pissed when I first found out it’s a good thing I didn’t know the guy. It’s just a pos $400 aluminum boat, but the kids enjoy it. Some grown man stealing from kids. I think he needs a few lumps in his empty noggin. He’s a local and there’s still a decent chance I might bump into him before I get the plate info.

My in-laws have a few hundred acres of really good deer hunting. It also has a nice pond on it with bass and big crappie. I don’t hunt over there but I do take the the kids back there to go fishing and I took a little John boat back there for them.

Last week some idiot was driving around spotlighting deer. Came back the next day and stole the boat. He drive through 3 closed gates and about 20 no trespassing signs.

So the good news is I have about 10 good clear pics of this moron, his truck, and license plate.

Initially I was gonna have a friend of mine run the plate so I could get an address to solve this myself. I still might pay the turd a visit just to get the kids’ boat back. Then turn the rest over to our warden. I like our warden, he’s a hammer. The people that don’t like him are usually not doing things right.

I was so pissed when I first found out it’s a good thing I didn’t know the guy. It’s just a pos $400 aluminum boat, but the kids enjoy it. Some grown man stealing from kids. I think he needs a few lumps in his empty noggin. He’s a local and there’s still a decent chance I might bump into him before I get the plate info.
An assault charge gives him the last laugh, but I get it. Most likely a bad habit frequent support mechanism. Beware the desperate junkie my friend. Let the law handle it.

An assault charge gives him the last laugh, but I get it. Most likely a bad habit frequent support mechanism. Beware the desperate junkie my friend. Let the law handle it.
Yeah. I’m calmed down a little. I just wanna ask him to give the boat back and let him know he better not be there again. If he doesn’t wanna go that way I’ll just turn it over to the law. Im a little wiser as I get older, not worth getting in trouble over a little boat. The spotlighting pisses me off more.

The funny part is my father in law put a sticker on one gate that says “smile you’re on camera”

Obviously boat their can’t read too well. 🤣

I agree Stocker. The thief isn't worth you getting in trouble over. Let the GW and LEO's handle it. You may be willing to settle it like men come at it head on odds are he wont be Hate to see you hurt or worse

I’m with the others; turn it over to law enforcement, stress to them you want him charged and then when he is get a hold of the prosecutor and make sure they understand you are invested in seeing them hammered. Giving criminals the “local discount” just encourages future bad behavior IME

If he’s stealing here, where else is he working too.

Let the law deal with it.

You have sufficient evidence to hand off to CO or local LEO. IMO if you try to resolve and turns into sh!t show, you are likely at risk because you "hunted" him down as vigilante instead of turning over to LEO. We all prefer to handle our own business but this is one to hand off and tell prosecutor you will press charges. This is "easy button" that they like to show their constituents they are tough on crime.

I sent the stuff to the CO. Our sheriffs department is like Mayberry. Lots of nice guys, but when it comes to solving crimes they don’t have a good batting average.

I found a meth lab on a farm a few years ago. The sheriff told me they were just gonna go “bust it up”.

Thanks, broken glass and trash blowing around is much more helpful. 🤣

You could put pics of the truck(w/o license plate) on social media and ask if anyone knows who this is?
That way you will find out if he will willingly return the boat knowing he has been caught and you put it out there that he is a thief without naming names.

I sent the stuff to the CO. Our sheriffs department is like Mayberry. Lots of nice guys, but when it comes to solving crimes they don’t have a good batting average.

I found a meth lab on a farm a few years ago. The sheriff told me they were just gonna go “bust it up”.

Thanks, broken glass and trash blowing around is much more helpful. 🤣
Don’t blame them for reacting that way.

Neighborhood house in Fargo ND was a methlab. The night it was busted everyone with in 6 houses around was cleared out for it being a “hazmat scene”. Talk about a production.

Very responsible relies in this thread.

Now here comes the other guy on your shoulder: Thieves come back. Coma patients don't.
Yeah. In my mind taking a bat to his headlights and windshield would get my point across more than a slap on the wrist.

Then he’d just go steal more stuff to fix his truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back