More on buying powder

danr55

After Kraven's question about powder, I started looking around. I came on this site on another board.

I don't know anything about most of them, but some of these powders I've used and these prices are more than just reasonable.. They are down rite great...

http://www.gibrass.com/gunpowder.html

:cool:

Have been buying powder from them for a couple of years now DanR. They are good powders and some of the pull downs are not that bad either! I buy in lots of 32 lbs that way I have enough to keep me going when I find a good load! Most of it is for the shooter who shoots alot! That included about all of us here! Try him you will like the guy!
Mike Murphy

Ditto on Jeff Bartlet. He's a nice guy to talk to and has great powders. He must have connections from all over the world as far as bulk powders go. If you get 6 jugs of his powder he charges no haz-mat fee. 4 jugs, he will only charge a 5$ fee.

I tried a powder he had called NM-04,($40.00/5 lb jug). It was an over-run from a chineeze company. It had a burn rate of right about green dot or IMR PB. It is very usefull in shotgun and semi-auto pistol. I am using it in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 acp. He just about out of it and there's no more available.

I also use a lot of WC 844,($72.00/8 lb jug). I got 2 jugs, one for myself and another for a friend. I use it for .223, 7-08 and 30-06 in my garand. It has a burn rate around H-335, you use H-335 data to load it.

Another powder he sells in WC-860 which is military H-870 powder. Since Hodgdon has discontinued H-870, this is where you can still get some.

WC-820 is supposed to replace H-110 and ww 296, but it has been shown to burn slightly faster, more like AA #9.

Click on Dan's link to see a price list and other stuff he sells, like pulled .308 match bullets that really shoot well! :D

That guy is about 30 miles from my house. You should see his "shop"...it's more or less a shipping warehouse that he just opens the garage dock door on when he's open for business. Just the floor sweepings alone are enough to give a man pause. ;) I have some WC852 from him that's supposed to shoot like IMR4831, but it seems awfully s...l...o...w. Danr once told me something along the lines of needing magnum cases to be able to get full potential out if it, or some such. That was long ago and my memory is short. :D

Back