More "My neighbor is a D-Bag" aka "40 acres is way less than you think."

44hunter45

Recent posts have been about neighbors building airstrips, etc. In the past I've ranted about how my neighbor's kid and grandkids have frustrated my efforts at QDM by shooting any buck I get to 2 2/12 years old.
I'm done with raising deer for the neighbors now. They put this bubba blind as close to my fence as they could get it level. If you can call it level

:mad:

IMG_2375.JPG

Everyone knows the best hunting is within 50 yards of the property line! Stands on boundaries around here is more the rule than the exception. A wall of posted signs and some trail cams is going to be your best friend. QDM on 40 acres is tough unless the neighbors are on board. Small properties are tough on everybody. Seems like no matter what you're on someones line or they're on yours.

Last edited:
TBH, I do the same. I'm happy to set up a stand near a property boundry if animals travel through.
It's a grey area I feel like theres an unspoken code of how far. If the neighbor doesnt hunt I get as close as I want. If he does well if I'm bow hunting I'm staying out of bow range from the property line if its gun season the same and so forth. It's a pet peeve of mine I wont do it because I wouldn't much like it either. Especially on the edge of habitat someone has improved, food plot etc.

Last edited:
My mom is an absentee landowner. Her neighbors put some stands up on the trees along the property line but they placed their feeder in her meadow. There would not be a safe shot for me to use it. Probably wouldn’t be for them either.

I am tempted to take some LaCroix sparkling water up to them, as a neighborly gesture, right around daylight next opener.

29D2A387-ACE7-44DD-BFC3-53AB3924DF0A.png

My mom is an absentee landowner. Her neighbors put some stands up on the trees along the property line but they placed their feeder in her meadow. There would not be a safe shot for me to use it. Probably wouldn’t be for them either.

I am tempted to take some LaCroix sparkling water up to them, as a neighborly gesture, right around daylight next opener.

View attachment 186200
Use an extra splash of Old Spice.

It's a grey area I feel like theres an unspoken code of how far. If the neighbor doesnt hunt I get as close as I want. If he does well if I'm bow hunting I'm staying out of bow range from the property line if its gun season the same and so forth. It's a pet peeve of mine I wont do it because I wouldn't much like it either. Especially on the edge of habitat someone has improved, food plot etc.

I obviously steer clear of someone's "spot" especially if they are feeding, I don't like to be around other hunters simply because I don't trust the average person. But I won't trespass either to see what the other guy is up to, if I find a good spot and I have no reason to think somw other hunter is near, I'm hunting it. I like to set up where I get the most chances for a successful hunt and retrieve. Retrieve here is key, I won't shoot if there's a chance it crosses onto the other property.

Sounds

View attachment 186200
seems like your mom just acquired a new feeder to go put wherever she wants

I obviously steer clear of someone's "spot" especially if they are feeding, I don't like to be around other hunters simply because I don't trust the average person. But I won't trespass either to see what the other guy is up to, if I find a good spot and I have no reason to think somw other hunter is near, I'm hunting it. I like to set up where I get the most chances for a successful hunt and retrieve. Retrieve here is key, I won't shoot if there's a chance it crosses onto the other property.
Were in the same boat.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back