More "My neighbor is a D-Bag" aka "40 acres is way less than you think."

...so I did meet the NG and introduced myself after asking if he was lost. He was all fat pink faced smiles.
I said good luck to ya, and I hope you don't build a effing airport next to my house and I hope you don't eff up the elk hunts.
That was last year.
I have only heard them come & go at early/late hours. He had 105 at the end of the road locked up too for the airstrip over clear BLM land and it was bought out from under him.

I was going to offer him a bud but never saw him again...

If there's anything that kills hunting, it will be trophy hunting. If there's anything that saves hunting, it will be wild tasty meat.

I got people on both sides of my 40 that are killing everything that walks. I finally got some sense through to the guy to my west but the guy to my east is Vietnamese.....there is no reaching an agreement with him. I am considering a high fence lol.
If you want 'em, shoot 'em. You can't save up WILD deer like they were money.

I don't know what nationality has to do with this, but I used to hunt a 100ac piece where white dudes and dudettes would blast everything that walked out of it...

While we're judging people, they were normally the overweight type who take those weird "sitting on the deer" pictures.
I think this is more of a poor third world issue than a nationality issue. Conservation is a luxury of the wealthy. My sister in law is a recent immigrant from a country much like Vietnam. She is ambitious, inteligent and a extremely hard worker. Just the kind of immigrant this country can use more of. That being said, conservation is not in her vocabulary. Wild life and wild places are to be used to provide for humans. She has a thought process that many of us have a hard time reconciling with our values. Of course most of us have not spent most of our lives working our butts off just so we can afford an apartment half the size of an average bedroom and a meager meal of mostly rice ether.

Last edited:
I think this is more of a poor third world issue than a nationality issue. Conservation is a luxury of the wealthy. My sister in law is a recent immigrant from a country much like Vietnam. She is ambitious, inteligent and a extremely hard worker. Just the kind of immigrant this country can use more of. That being said, conservation is not in her vocabulary. Wild life and wild places are to be used to provide for humans. She has a thought process that many of us have a hard time reconciling with our values. Of course most of us have not spent most of our lives working our butts off just so we can afford an apartment half the size of an average bedroom and a meager meal of mostly rice ether.
Good perspective. We are spoiled! Hard to boo hoo over some things when you remember the plight of others.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back