MORE Idaho hunting tags in my mailbox today

44hunter45

I hate that I even feel the need to write this. I got my third set of Idaho deer and elk tags, with proxies and hunter reports, in my mailbox today. I also got an email telling me if I used them I was in violation of the law.

Man up, Idaho hunters. You get one legal set of tags. Destroy the rest. If you didn't get the first (or second) set, use the set you did get and destroy any others you may receive. If you never got any, you had better be functional enough to call IDFG right now.

With your co-operation, the IDFG Automated Systems Manager can go before the commission later and explain how this embarrassing crisis was averted and no poachers used the large supply of duplicate tags to over-harvest.

So I can’t use the three controlled hunt elk tags they sent me?

That’s a crock. If they didn’t want me to use all the tags why send them to me?

I hate that I even feel the need to write this. I got my third set of Idaho deer and elk tags, with proxies and hunter reports, in my mailbox today. I also got an email telling me if I used them I was in violation of the law.

Man up, Idaho hunters. You get one legal set of tags. Destroy the rest. If you didn't get the first (or second) set, use the set you did get and destroy any others you may receive. If you never got any, you had better be functional enough to call IDFG right now.

With your co-operation, the IDFG Automated Systems Manager can go before the commission later and explain how this embarrassing crisis was averted and no poachers used the large supply of duplicate tags to over-harvest.
Ouch. What an absolute disgusting shame that this happened. Sounds like something that would happen in my state. Of course in my state, you'd be charged 3x too!

Why doesn’t the IRS makes these mistakes with refund checks?
Wasn’t even a mistake, according to their e-mail they did it on purpose.

They had issues with printing at several “in person” locations, so to be sure everyone got their paper tags they mailed a set to everybody on the books. Some of us twice.

I get that they’re trying to do the right thing, I really do, they’re trying to be fair. But sending out multiple tags just opens up Pandora’s box.

It’s not like those people that experienced printer issues couldn’t return another day and get them printed. Even with the 8/5 deadline to purchase controlled hunt tags - buy, it’s in the system as purchased, and print later.

Why doesn’t the IRS makes these mistakes with refund checks?
They do. I got a massive, unexplained check from the IRS recently. Tried calling them to sort it out but the IRS phone system is the deepest black hole of automated menus, circular phone transfers, and finally "we're too busy right now, try calling again later". I did some online research and learned that if you cash a check they sent you by mistake, and they fix it later, you're on the hook to pay it back WITH PENALTIES AND INTEREST.

Anyway...

I thought this was only a Montana thing this year. Glad to see our states screwing up together, like good neighbors.

They do. I got a massive, unexplained check from the IRS recently. Tried calling them to sort it out but the IRS phone system is the deepest black hole of automated menus, circular phone transfers, and finally "we're too busy right now, try calling again later". I did some online research and learned that if you cash a check they sent you by mistake, and they fix it later, you're on the hook to pay it back WITH PENALTIES AND INTEREST.

Anyway...

I thought this was only a Montana thing this year. Glad to see our states screwing up together, like good neighbors.
Many years ago we got a huge refund check when the IRS applied my parents contracting business quarterly payment to our SSN. We knew better than to cash it, but the next day my mother called in a panic saying they owed ten of thousands of dollars because their IRS account had been drained.

My first name is my father's middle name. Meaning I am not even a "junior". There was no logically reason for it to happen other than human error.

Wasn’t even a mistake, according to their e-mail they did it on purpose.

They had issues with printing at several “in person” locations, so to be sure everyone got their paper tags they mailed a set to everybody on the books. Some of us twice.

I get that they’re trying to do the right thing, I really do, they’re trying to be fair. But sending out multiple tags just opens up Pandora’s box.

It’s not like those people that experienced printer issues couldn’t return another day and get them printed. Even with the 8/5 deadline to purchase controlled hunt tags - buy, it’s in the system as purchased, and print later.
Kind of where I was going with this. One of the appeals of Idaho when we came here decades ago was that the state culture promoted personal responsibility. Why IDFG and their vendors have to spend who knows how much in postage so Johnny gets a tag is unfathomable. A tag Johnny should be functional enough to know he did not get and request his own reprint.

I suppose the lawsuits in other states may drive these kinds of decisions. It seems some hunters can be Karens with guns and lawyers.

Last year it was, "You drew a Sheep Tag!- Sorry no, you didn't"

I've been an IT pro serving all levels of government as a vendor for almost 40 years. While of course I have never Fupped up in a government account, :cool: I'm appalled at the level of quality acceptable in government IT vendors.

There's going to be so much poaching this year... Most guys won't but there will always be that small percentage that will shoot one, punch a tag, take it home and if they don't get checked will take the unpunched tags hunting.

You can only advertise a bank vault code so many times before you can just expect to get robbed. Or lose people's social security numbers "cough" fish and game "cough".

There's going to be so much poaching this year... Most guys won't but there will always be that small percentage that will shoot one, punch a tag, take it home and if they don't get checked will take the unpunched tags hunting.

You can only advertise a bank vault code so many times before you can just expect to get robbed. Or lose people's social security numbers "cough" fish and game "cough".
Are you going to do it?

I’m not.

Are you going to do it?

I’m not.
He's not wrong, 7B, 9B, and 6C are gonna go all out. Clearly, @Firedude wouldn't advertise here if he was going to, but in my experience of nearly 50 years in North Idaho, there is a (not small), proportion of the locals who feel that if they can get over on the gov't, they should and will.

What's past is prologue

I saw an episode of Sanford and Son where something similar happened with Social Security checks. Pretty funny as I remember. This, not so much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back