More Grizzly reintroduction

I think they are already inhabitants of the area just not a lot of them. There was a confirmed sighting of a Grizz in the North Fork area in May of 2022 on a hunters trail cam. If they have ventured into that area I see no reason they wouldn't be in the Bitterroot.

I think they are already inhabitants of the area just not a lot of them. There was a confirmed sighting of a Grizz in the North Fork area in May of 2022 on a hunters trail cam. If they have ventured into that area I see no reason they wouldn't be in the Bitterroot.
My IDFG warden friend has also confirmed that. I’m just not a fan of bringing more in. 😂

There's been quite a few confirmed sightings in the Bitterroot the last 5 years. Combination of trail cameras, sightings, collar data and even trapped bears.

Still incredibly low density though. I'd feel pretty confident saying there's less than 10 at any given time in Ravalli County.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back