More Chile Good Stuff!!

Lionel Hampton's Best! :D (Or maybe it was Zom Fuir on the pan pipes.) :rolleyes:

Speakin of Stew:

4lb roast cut into 1 inch cubes (remove fat)
8 carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
3 medium onions quartered
3 large ribs celery in 1 inch pieces
28 ounces canned diced tomatoes, with liquid
1 cup white wine
1 TBsp sugar and 1/2 TBsp sea salt
10 cranks pepper
1 teaspoon thyme, rosemary, and marjorum

In a Dutch oven place all the above ccover and cook for five hours at 250 in the oven or with coals stirring every hour.

Man you eat this with home made bread or yeast rolls and you'll slap yo momma! :D

Needs more garlic!

Naw Deputy Dawg; I love garlic;, but I think if you put it in there you'll ruin it. Don't do it. But I did forget to tell you guys to hold out half the seasoning and put it in at the start of the last hour when you make your final adjustments to taste and to skim off the grease before you serve it. :eek:

Just sit up close to the fire Bill and you'll not need the beano. :D

Got another idea on storing and packing chilie to go. I use them thick plastic jars that jiffy peanutbutter comes in for lots of other foods as well as to store sugar, salt and so on.
(Haven't tried freezing yet but would think if liquids were in plastic jar it might crack open and leak out when thawing.)?
Have stored on shelves and in ice box. Also, good idea to allow hot foods to cool down before storing in these jars and then refridgerate. Oh yeah, one more thing - Can also store cotton swaps, matches, gauzes and other items needed when you're packing your gear for hunting or fishing trips or in first aides kits to go.
DixieLady

I use ours to send soup to work with Momma for her lunch. (Everything else leaks!) :eek:

Back