Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Moosies not a virgin anymore.......

Moosie

Grand poopa
But I didn't take any pictures..... It wasn't until 10:30 PM Sat night that We decided to do it for sure.. so 2:00 AM SUN morning came early......

I had tried my hand at fishing for Salmon before http://www.hunttalk.com/01salmon.html and had tried my hand at Stealhead... But nothing ever.. Not even a bite.

So I left at 2AM yeaterday and met Larry (My boss) at 2:30. We headed up to Riggins. 5:30AM we got there and met the guide at the dock. out guide was http://www.riveradventuresltd.com/ .

I think I got the first hit. I hooked the fish and started realing. Aperently I didn't set the hook good enuf and Was Loligagging around so I lost the fish in the Swift current. I was SO happy just to work the fish. I had been 2 times prior on that river and Never even a bite.... NOW I am no longer a virgin .. I hooked my first fish !! :D:D

But wait, It gets better....

Larry hooked a fish right after we moved to a new spot. He was fortunate enuf to land it and we had the first fish aboard. LArry had a cammera but only 4 pictures.. So As the fish came aboard We were out of film :(.

Shortly after He hooked a 2nd fish and landed it. WOW 2 fish aboard. NExt I think was me again. I hooked a fish and didn't pu$$Yfoot around this time. I set the hook good and worked the fish. He went into the rapids and I had to give um a bit o' slack. I always kept the tension an the line and it was a success... I landed a fish.. a Shinook (SP?) salmon. the back fin had to be clipped to be a hatchery fish and this one WAS...but not all the way... only a little bit was sticking out but the guid said we had to let it go.

Being one to obay the laws (And because I couldn't bribe the guide to let me keep it :D:D) He let the fish back into the water.

Well Larry hooked and landed his 3rd fish. Dale hooked and worked his first fish...It ended up going into the Rapids and he grabbed the spool so the line wouldn't all go out but SNAPPED the fish off....

Larry hooked his 4th fish. He handed me the pole and I worked it and Landed it. I was goingto Tag it but The guide told us that whoever "SETS" the hook has to tag it. even if someone else lands it.... KInd of a bummer but once again.. The law is the law.

Thanx to the guide for an AWSOME time !!!!

WELL before my puter locks up and I loose my WHOLE story again, I will post it :D:D:D

way to go moosie. So are ya ready to travel for fishing yet? glad you had a good time. hey next time bring the camera hehe.

see ya I'm off to the lake ... oh wait work I have togo to work

Delw

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back